Joining

Henry only joined the army so he was able to help support his mother and younger siblings. She was too sickly to work, so their family wasn't very well off in terms of money. The moment he turned eighteen he decided this was the best option. When Henrys' mother first found out about this, she begged him not to go. That it wasn't worth it. The death of Henrys' father traumatized his mother and she became paranoid of losing her kids. His father stepped on a landmine to protect the other soldiers and exploded into bloody chunks of flesh. Henry, unfortunately, didn't know much about his father, except the things his mother would share, since he was too young to remember when it happened.

  Henry dropped out of school, the start of his senior year, and he applied for the army. He was surprised when he was put on the front lines. He wasn't quite sure if he was really qualified for it, but if they thought he was, then he was. This is his fifth month there now. Vietnam hasn't been too kind to him, to say the least. Then again, why would it be? He's there destroying homes and ending lives. It's not like he has much of a choice though. It's either his life or theirs, and anyone would choose the other person.