27

The Broncos were playing against the Rabbitohs, at the Accor Stadium. Vani had been following Jordan around for his games, having the time of her life, as it was nowhere near as stressful as touring.
It was the morning of the game, Jordan had training and woke up Vani unintentionally. "You going?" she asked him still sleepy.
"I just woke up, sorry if I woke you up" he said with a lower voice.
"Let me kiss you and I'm going back to sleep" she mumbled.
He leaned over the bed and kissed the girl.

She properly woke up for lunchtime and called her dad, to let him know how she was. "I'll be watching the game" he said. "maybe I'll see you in the crowd. Is Jordan gone?"
"Yeah he left a while ago" she said. "I'll see him before the game"
The father and daughter went to talk for a hour, while she got ready to eat out. She asked Dig for nice to eat at, as she would often go to Sidney to visit her relatives.
Vani's idea was to eat in the restaurant alone, but before even walking in, a couple stopped her. The girl was still a teenager, while her boyfriend had just turned twenty. "You're the singer of Dimsun" he said. Vani nodded with a smiled. "We met at one of your concerts in 2019" he kept going. "we're so sad about the break up, are you guys coming back?"
Every time she was asked that question, and it was asked a lot, she would go in a quick depression, thinking about the broken group. "As we said, we will be back" she just said. "I'm sorry to leave, but in a rush, it was nice to meet you though" she lied and entered the restaurant.
After that interaction, she chose to eat in the hotel room, safe from any other similar question.
She missed Dig, Goose and Skin, the only friend left was Shell, but due to his family life he was not always available. Everybody moved on except for her; she almost thought she was the only one to actually care about the band.

Half a hour before the game, Vani saw Jordan in the lockers right after he changed into his kit. He sat lazily looked at the girl walking in. "Are you okay?" she asked after a kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck.
He looked up to her eyes. "Yeah," he lied. "I feel a little anxious ay" he said.
She pulled his face to her chest. "You'll do great, I'm sure" she said. "I just haven't seen you looking like this before a game"
No long after, Vani had to leave and sat in the seats reserved for people close to the players, with the other member's girlfriends, wives and children.
Vani forgot her phone on the bench, next to Jordan. He followed her as soon as he noticed.
Outside the locker room Vani was standing in front of two guys, with the Rabbitohs kit. It was Cameron Murray and Latrell Mitchell. "You're here for the Broncos?" the first asked. "I'm sure green and red would look better on you"
The two thought the girl was a fan, wandering around the stadium clueless. Before she could say anything, she heard a familiar voice: "Babe, you forgot your phone" Jordan said.
He thought they were somehow annoying her and went by her side to let them know they should have disappeared. Vani knew he wasn't okay and wanted to avoid any fight before the game, especially with the opposite team. "Thank you, I'll get to my seat"

The game seemed to go well, until Jordan knocked off fullback of the Rabbitohs, Latrell Mitchell; with 24 minutes remaining in the second half with Souths leading 22-0, Cameron Murray was running just outside receiver Cody Walker as he schemed for a hole, Jordan threw his shoulder into Murray despite not having the ball. The contact was high as well, with Murray required to leave the field for a head injury assessment.
Vani was completely shocked, she didn't know how to react. In a couple of moments a text from Vani's father light up her phone: 'wtf just happened?!?!?'
Vani knew they were going to suspend him.
Finally at the end of the game, Vani could see Jordan. The first thing he did was to hug her tight. "You should take some rest," Vani suggested in between his arms. "you're too stressed"
He pulled away. "I'm a player, I can't be 'stressed'" he said harsh.
Jordan was always a little stressed after loosing a game, that night he was way more than upset and Vani could only stay by his side.