Chapter 1:Lauren's Song + Story + Granseal

HI! I'm Lauren! I wanna sing for you before I begin my journey.

1000 Words [From Final Fantasy X-2] [Originally by Koda Kumi or Jade Villalon, sung by Lauren Cimorelli]

Lauren:
Are those words of yours
Just a kindness of the dream?
It even conceals
All the lies
It's unfair

Giving you the cold backTo the departing youI was listeningYou're fighting alone?It's unfair"I'll return home"Your voice bypasses meI was stubbornAnd acted all toughAs I turn back timeShould I have called you?What if I shed tears asking you not to go?I can finally doAnything nowI couldn't sayThose 1000 wordsI'll send them toYour distant backAs wingsThose 1000 wordsI couldn't sayWill lean against yourInjured backAnd embrace youThe dream continues asI think of youPretending to forget aboutThose daysIt's unfair"I'll write you a letter"Your voice seems to look awayI was stubbornAnd acted all toughAs I turn back timeShould I have gotten upset at you?What if I dropped my shoulders telling you I couldn't wait?I can finally doAnything nowCan you hear it?Those 1000 wordsI'll send them toYour unseen backAs wingsCan you hear it?Those 1000 wordsWill lean against yourTired backAnd embrace youThose 1000 wordsI couldn't sayLalalala...I'll send them to your backAs wingsCan you hear it?Those 1000 wordsLalalala...They'll lean against your backLalalalala...

Lauren:Now you know my singing, let me tell you my story. So we just got back from something we didn't think was humanly possible, playing at the Grand Ole Opry. Just think 2 years ago we were still California livin', and now we've truly made ourselves at home in Nashville. Yeah we were now country singers. It's not easy getting used to being in a country band considering we've been teen pop/pop all our lives. We visited CMT's studio and I was so petrified by the experience. It was not too long ago we were doing Party In The U.S.A. when we had our breakthrough. When they asked us to do a country version of our song Made In America, that was the weirdest experience of my life personally. In the end, it worked out well. So we had finished our visit there and after the Opry visit, we were on our way home. All of a sudden, I got a little dizzy. The girls went inside without me as I told them I needed a minute. I dozed off and then hours later, I woke up in an alien world. This was definitely not home. I cried out wondering where my sisters were, but they were not around. I feared they were missing or dead. I headed to the nearest building and it was...a town? Where am I? I meet this phoenix flying around. What's a phoenix doing here?! He said something to me--- WAIT, HE TALKED?! I must be dreaming. Then he told me, 'Lauren Cimorelli, we have been expecting you. Please free us from the Dark King.' I knew I was dreaming. A phoenix talked to me! I saw this young lady who looked like an elf come up to me and said, 'Peter, don't scare the poor girl! Sorry about him, my name is Sarah. That's Peter, our companion.' I told her, 'Hi I'm Lauren Cimorelli of Cimorelli. What am I doing here?' She said, 'You're in Granseal. Go seek Queen Emilia. She'll help you. Talk later, i got class. Sir Astral is gonna nail us if I'm late. He's already suspended Chester for the week.' I then said, 'OK...well take care.'

This was getting weird. I knew I had to go to the Queen and ask her why I'm here. I'm a singer, not a warrior. Am I?

My quest continues in part 2.

Chapter inspired by Shining Force 2. Credits to Sonic! Software Planning, Sega, Shugo Takahashi, Yasahiro Taguchi, Hiroyuki Takahashi, and others. They made this game happen.