(Chapter 10) The Eve

I lay pressed to the cold marble floor, arms and legs pinned. The more I struggled the more weight was applied to my limbs. Jay watched as I struggled, eyes trailing down to my chest. He wet his lips before leaning down to me, lips grazing my ear before traveling to my neck. I cringed at the closeness as he whispered against the skin.

"I could smell you the second you entered the shop." Jay muttered, inhaling deeply. My blood went ice cold as my mother's words played back in my head.

"Demons - will charm you, don't trust them. They thirst for our power,"

My eyes burned from the memory, but I tried to remain calm and think of a plan. He crept lower down to the crook of my neck, then scraped his teeth against the skin roughly. I whimpered in pain, unable to scream through his clammy hand. He pressed his teeth firmly against my neck as I began to panic, wiggling and thrashing to try to get him off.

Suddenly there was a massive gust of wind, and he was thrown off, over my head. My brain immediately reacted, as I scrambled to my feet, moving away from Jay. He groaned as he attempted to stand, glaring past me.

"What do you want, Mutt?" He spat, taking a step toward me. I jumped back a few feet, my back hit something solid. I looked back to see Sehun glowering at the enemy, gently ushering me to the side with Baekhyun.

Jay chucked menacingly, crouching like an animal ready to lunge. "It's always the Mutts that wanna' ruin the fun for the rest of us."

"Maybe you should take a hint and find a better hobby." Sehun retorted, bracing himself for the inevitable battle. Minseok gave Baekhyun a knowing look, he responded with a nod before leading me back into the crowded mall. We rushed down the escalators and out the front doors.

I looked back to the building, expecting to see Minseok and Sehun following but we were alone. I whipped my head back to Baekhyun anxiously.

"Where are they- they're not fighting him are they?" I spoke my thoughts aloud as he gave me a comforting smile.

"They'll be fine, Minji." Baekhyun put a hand on my shoulder to calm me, but I shoved it away, stepping closer to him. His eyes went wide in surprise at my desperation.

"NO! You don't understand, he's a Demon! They're power hungry, blood thirsty killers! They'll die!" My eyes began to water, and my hands were shaking as I tried to get through to Baekhyun. His face grew pale as he stared at me, understanding coming across his face finally, and something else. Fear? Hurt? I couldn't tell.

After a long silence he smiled again, this time more forced. "They're stronger than you think. If I didn't think they could hack it, I would've stayed with them. Relax." I stared at him in shock for a long moment but ultimately decided to trust them. I paced back and forth as Baekhyun stared at the sidewalk solemnly.

10 Minutes passed, and there was still no sign of Sehun or Minseok. I shoved myself off the wall I had leant against and marched toward the entrance, only to be blocked by Baekhyun.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, carefully leading me back to the parking lot. My panicked emotions got the better of me and I dropped my head to his shoulder as the tears began to fall. My shaking hands gripped the front of his loose fitted shirt, quiet sobs fell from my mouth as I tried to compose myself. Baekhyun sighed, rubbing his hands up and down my back in comforting motions.

Suddenly the doors shoved open, revealing Minseok and a slightly scuffed up Sehun, who beamed proudly at Baekhyun. They laughed as Sehun explained every detail of the fight. I watched in stunned silence as my tears continued down my face.