Of Princes, Princesses, and Quadra-Elementals

The warm breeze of Elenoir's late afternoon kissed my skin as I sipped the last of my tea, its delicate aroma mixing with the sweet scent of the flowers surrounding the terrace. The view from here was perfect—one that offered not just the beauty of our kingdom, but the grand arena below, where Pete and Edd were about to engage in their usual sparring session.

"Are they really going to do this again?" I murmured, suppressing a small laugh. Of course, they were. It was always the same with my brothers—every visit back to Elenoir turned into a contest of strength, and every time they faced off, they acted like the entire kingdom was watching. Well, I suppose in a way, we were.

Thedan Leywin, my father, sat across from me, his eyes fixed on the arena with a gleam of anticipation. "He's finally caught up," he said, a chill in his voice as he watched Pete prepare for the fight. "Peter has reached the white core. It's about time."

I glanced at him, slightly amused by his tone. "Edward has been a white core mage for almost seven years," Father added, clearly reminding everyone that Pete had been lagging behind.

Pete, always the serious one, stood tall in the arena, his silver hair tied back and his eyes narrowed in focus. The white core had changed him—his control over his magic was now nearly flawless, but of course, Father wouldn't be satisfied until Pete proved himself worthy. I couldn't help but roll my eyes slightly. Typical.

"He's worked hard for this," I replied, though my voice carried more lightness than conviction. Sure, Pete had done well, but that didn't mean Edd was going to let him have the win easily.

Edd, as usual, looked as if he were preparing for a day at the beach rather than a serious duel. His golden hair caught the sunlight, and he flashed his trademark grin, teasing Pete with a mock salute. He never could resist poking fun at his brother.

"They've both come a long way," I said, swirling my tea, trying not to giggle at Edd's antics. "But Pete's always so serious. Edd's going to annoy him before they even start."

Mother, sitting calmly beside Father, nodded softly, though her attention was fully on the arena. "Edward's always had more tricks up his sleeve," she commented. "He'll use that to his advantage."

The gong sounded, and Pete immediately sprang into action. His ice blade materialized in his hand, sharp and gleaming, while Edd simply disappeared in a blur of amethyst, thanks to his Godstep.

I smirked, watching Pete's face remain as stoic as ever, even as Edd's voice echoed from the other side of the arena, "Too slow, Pete!"

"Does he have to taunt him every time?" I mused, already knowing the answer. Of course he did. Edd lived for the game, and Pete, well, he lived to ignore it.

Pete wasn't deterred, though. He was always too focused to be thrown off by Edd's teasing. Ice spikes shot from the ground, sharp and deadly, forcing Edd to teleport again, his movements leaving faint trails of amethyst light across the arena.

"Good," Father muttered, clearly pleased. "Peter is anticipating his movements."

I resisted the urge to laugh again. "Yeah, but Edd's not even trying yet. He's going to mess with him until Pete loses his temper."

Mother simply sipped her tea, but I could tell she was enjoying the spectacle in her quiet way.

Then, of course, Edd decided to make things interesting. With a quick flick of his wrist, amethyst aether blades appeared in his hands, glowing with power. He teleported again, this time appearing behind Pete. "Let's see you dodge this!" he called out.

Pete, to his credit, didn't flinch. A wall of ice sprang up behind him, blocking Edd's strike, and for a moment, the arena was filled with the clash of ice and aether.