𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓋ℯ ♧︎︎︎

Please consider voting :)

Everyone had left the headquarters in shock, some more than others—Tengen especially. First, he had been defeated by a fellow Hashira, someone who had once been weaker than him. Second, Kocho had confessed to Tomioka. It had been a day more shocking than others. As Tengen was beaten, he saw something that others hadn't—pity in Giyuu's eyes. Tengen knew Giyuu wasn't a man who pitied others, nor did he think of himself as superior. No, this was about power—the power Giyuu had unlocked. The heat radiating from him had even been felt by Tengen. Every move Giyuu made was swift, calculated, and perfect, even though a katana wasn't his preferred weapon. Still, he was equally skilled with one.

In the Headquarters

"My child."

"Yes, Oyakata-sama?"

"The power you used... My eyesight may be very poor now, but that mark which appeared... Could you tell me about it?"

"As you wish, Oyakata-sama."

"Thank you, Giyuu."

"This mark... which appeared, I have to increase my heart rate to around 200 bpm."

"But that would be fatal, right?"

"You are correct, Oyakata-sama. It would be fatal for anyone, but somehow, I can stand it. My body temperature increases to 40°C as a result of the increased blood flow."

"My child, could you call Shinobu?"

"Yes, Oyakata-sama," Kagaya's daughter responded.

A few moments later, Shinobu arrived, as she had been waiting for Giyuu.

"My child, Giyuu was saying that his body temperature is 40°C."

"What? That would be fatal!" Shinobu exclaimed, checking his temperature and heart rate.

"H-how is your heart rate 203 bpm? I-it would be fatal!" she stammered.

"This power causes that."

"My child, anyone who activates that mark will only live until the age of 25."

"I will cut my life short to defeat the demons, Oyakata-sama."

"This mark hasn't appeared since the Sengoku era. How did you activate it?"

"I had a very bad fever a few weeks ago. Despite that, I went to slay demons. I could barely walk, but suddenly, a surge of energy hit me, and I could move again, so I fought through the night."

"This mark requires another person with the mark to be near you. Did you ever see another person with a similar mark?"