2 years earlier

After everything that's happened I can't believe this is how it will all end, on a train with a hand made bomb. I will never understand how a person can do such a horrible thing and just get away with it, go back to living their life, like nothing ever happened, like he didn't ruin the lives of an entire family. I had planned to be there when it went off, but I had to see him, I had to be sure he didn't survive. I did feel a little bad that all those people on the train would, they didn't deserve it. Well, you never know, that woman sitting next to me, she looked like she might have, I saw it in her eyes when she thought I wasn't looking. 

I know what it looks like, carrying dark secrets and I'm never wrong. All that's left to do now is pray that it goes off. I wait, staring out the window until the conductor announces that our stop is in twenty minutes, and then I get up and walk into the the conductors car. He doesn't notice me at first, by the time he does I already have the knife pressed firmly into his neck. I press harder and he starts to beg, "no, please, I have a family! You can't do this to me!" I press harder. "Yeah, so did I," I scoff. " And now, because of you, I don't. which means I'm going to have to balance the scales, an eye for an eye." I don't let him respond before I slit his throat. I move the knife from his neck and rub the blood off on his shirt before tucking it back in the holster on the back of my belt. 

I turn back to look out the window just as the woman glances around and reaches for the box. I didn't think anyone would open it but she'll be dead anyway so it wont matter. She unties the ribbon and opens the box just as the countdown ends. The bomb explodes and the force knocks people back, heads slam into walls, dead on impact, the force of the explosion kills the people closest almost immediately, the car around me crumbles, the walls tearing. I can see the exact moment the hidden gas cans catch fire, causing the explosion to spread out and reach the conductors car. It didn't do anything to me as I watched, satisfied that it was finally done. 

I walked through the rubble, bodies cushioning my steps. It's not until I'm about to round the corner that I see the woman move. Our eyes connect as the air fills with the sound of sirens, I turn the corner and leave the woman, after all, they can't arrest a man who's already dead.