Regaining : Part 1

" I hear voices in my head" I said to myself. "Do you miss your dad" asked one voice nicely. " Do you blame yourself for what happened? " laughed another voice. " "I have an idea" whispered creepily another voice. " why don't you kill yourself!" "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" I screamed. I started to hit my head with both hands. I fell to the floor with tears in my eyes. "Please go away" I whisper softly. The nice voice replied " don't worry, we will leave today.. good night love." Sweet silence again. My room was dark and I couldn't find my bed. As I walked, I saw a pair of 24 eyes watching me. I tripped over a leg and my friend caught me. "Hey are you okay ?" She whispers in my ear. Her name was Angie. She was about 15, hazel eyes, tall and beautiful. She was the only person that looked out for me and didn't think I was completely insane. " u..um..yeah." I stuttered. She guided me to my bed and sat next to me. I started to cry quietly as she pulled me to my chest. She hummed a few songs I never heard of but it sounded so nice... I eventually went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up face to face with her. "Wake up you filthy cunt" screeched her. Her was the head mistress of our home. I jumped out of bed. I was afraid. I felt the hairs on my neck raise as she approached me. " It's time. Get ready or else" she threatened. I noticed the bedroom was empty meaning I was late. I rushed our of the room, down the hall to our bathroom. I wash my face in the cold water and brushed my teeth.
I hope today is the day I am finally getting out of here. " Too bad you can't leave us" said the creepy voice. " leave her alone" said the nice voice. The creepy voice hissed at the nice voice. "DONT tell me what to do, it's the truth. We are here to stay" I get dressed trying to ignore the voices in my head but it's not that simple. I walked out of the room to the living room to see a lot of strange faces. Couples browsing the area with happiness on their faces. I wanted that. I saw Angie smiling at one couple who seemed to really like her. I got upset and walked around. Some families liked me or just walked past me. I'm used to being ignored. One nice family approached me, we sat down, they asked me questions and told me they liked me. " they don't want you" said the creepy voice" " look at them, why would they want such a pathetic loser of a daughter as their own?" "Stop" I said to the voice. "Stop what? telling the truth? You're a piece of shit that no one would love, you put the pieces together!" The nice voice replies " don't do this now, please." " For fucks sake they don't want YOU" I jumped out of my seat. " YOU DONT WANT ME!" I screamed. The entire room turned around. " you're going to hate me LIKE MY OWN PARENTS DID" The headmistress orders her husband and son to grab me. I try to escape but they got a hold of me. The family got up quickly and left in a hurry. " I TOLD YOU, YOU'LL HATE ME. I TOLD YOU" the two men brought me into an office and sedate me. I continue to scream until I got extremely tired and fell asleep.

I woke up confused
" I'M SORRY" I cry as the headmistress beats me with her hands. " You're always fucking up everything , you good for nothing cunt." The headmistress grabs me by the collar of my white shirt ,that we all wear, and bangs my head against the nurses office desk over and over. I lifted my hands in defense which wasn't the best decision. She punched me in the nose as it gushed out blood and kicked me on my back. I fell down to the floor quickly. I took deep breaths and waited for the next beating. Instead headmistress took out a cigarette, puffed a few smokes. She gazed out into the large window and said, " you think I fucking like this job? Taking care of a bunch of spoiled rejected kids? It pays a lot but most of it goes to you...but it doesn't. She looks down and starts laughing. I don't care about any of you kids. I buried about five of you this year and I don't even know your fucking names. I sat up against the wall to catch breath. Your own parents either died or dropped you off here. God took your parents from you for a reason. You're all the devils work. She paused for a second and started again. " my husband likes this job. He likes taking care of young girls. He likes young girls. I'm not young. You're young. Too young. When youre a bit older, he will want you. Like the others. I finally spoke up " why do you let him do this to us and yourself?" "How else will I save my marriage?" The headmistress rummaged through a dirty brown desk drawer, handed me a bandaid and a rag and left the room. She came back and said " you can go back to your room when you clean up, the door is open"

"ELLIE WAKE UP!" laughs Angie.
I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see a very joyous Angie. " um, what's up.. haha ?" Angie pulls me off of the bed and into the bathroom. A rich couple is coming today and want two daughters. "HA! You really think a rich family would want you Ellie dear?" Hissed the creepy voice. I looked out the small window above the broken toilet. " I'll get ready Angie" I smiled the biggest fake smile anyone could ever had given but Angie was too excited about the adoption. I came downstairs to see all the girls surrounding the rich couple. The woman was blonde with green eyes. She was tall, gorgeous , had rosey cheeks and a soft accent which I couldn't recognize. The man next to her was tall as well, handsome, muscular, smooth black hair and blue eyes. The man made a few jokes and all the girls laughed but me. He looked towards me and approached me. He went on his knees and asked ," What's your name" the voices in my head weren't talking to me for once. I could think clearly. " I'm Ellie" I replied quietly. I looked over to see Angie hugging the blonde woman. The man got on his feet and smiled "you're different and I like that"

Angie and the girls were in the corner of our room chit chatting about the strange couples. I'm sitting on my bed listening to their chat. " I hope they pick me" cried one girl. " I know" agreed another. " They're so unique" replied another girl. The conversation went on and on until Angie asked out loud, " what do you think about them" I felt all eyes on me again. " They're okay I guess" I went under the sheets to think about the weird couple. " It's okay, they don't want you either" said a voice. " I know" I said to the voice. I wonder why my parents left me though I asked the voices. The nice voice replied, " I'm sorry."