I Am Different: Part 3

Angie arrived back home sometime in the early evening. I rushed to her with tears in my eyes. " I..I thought you..l..left me!" I cried. Angie held me tightly and said, " I will never leave you Ellie. The family I met a few weeks ago, came by to take me out. I ended up sleeping over there." "Oh" I replied. " I guess you're done with me?" "Ellie don't say that. Don't want you want to move out of here? Dont you want us to all be happy?" I nodded my head in agreement. " come on let's go share my dinner." "What is that?" "Apparently it's something called a Mc Donalds?" "Wasn't he a farmer?" I asked. "I guess Oh Mc Donald had a restaurant too."
Weeks went by, Angie ended up getting adopted by the "Homes." It honestly did hurt to see Angie leave but she promised to call me and I wanted her to be happy. After all, that's what love does to us... you end up putting them before yourself.. maybe I'm wrong. The Fretz came by more often. We played games, talked and they even tried to take me out. I didn't want to leave the house however and they were okay with that.
One day, I was waiting for the Fretz to come by. I brushed my hair into a ponytail, washed my face and made sure I didn't stink. I went out into the back yard where all us girls would play.
The girls were giving me dirty glances complaining about how I'm weird and the Fretz shouldn't associate with me. "Of course the loser got chosen" laughed one girl who goes by the name Itzy. I rolled my eyes as I sat on a large boulder. " I mean they felt bad for you, your parents abandoned you since you were young, you're always hearing weird voices, and you look like trash." I turned my back to Itzy to ignore her childish words. " I'm talking to you freak!" Itzy said a bit louder. It became silent and I continued to pretend as if Itzy wasn't there. Next thing I know, Itzy grabs me by the hair and drags me onto the grass. " Don't ignore me!" The girls were laughing and egging on Itzy to continue to hit me. She scratched, puled, punched and bit at me. I started crying for help but no one came. Itzy had the other girls pull me up to remove my clothes excepty underwear and bra. Itzy punched me right in the nose and the girls ran back inside. I lay on the grass as I felt blood come out of my nose. I didn't cry. I didn't scream. I just lay there realizing how much I hate myself. "Even if I were to die or end my life, the world would continue with or without me. It seems like no one cares about me. Why is it... I try to be nice and instead people are so cruel. Why do bad people pick on the good. What have we ever done?" I got up slowly and looked around at the ugly backyard we had. I tried to go back inside but it was locked. I went around to the kitchen door to knock on it. One of the headmistress sons opened the door. He handed me a dirty rag and I used it to clean my nose. He then raised his index finger, went to the fridge and got ice. He took my rag, placed the ice inside and handed it back to me. " Thank you" I whispered softly. He smiled and walked away. I went back into my room, ignoring the ugly stares, cleaned up again but this time, I went into the living room waiting for the Fretz. They were an hour late but brought me a game called monopoly to play with them. We sat in the kitchen table playing the game. Mr. Fretz dropped his phone on the table and rubbed his eyes with his hands. "Are you going to sit there and not tell us what happened to you?" "Huh?" I replied. "What happened ?" "It's your turn to roll." "Ellie, what happened?" " eight spaces." "Ellie." "Go straight to jail" "Ellie." I slammed my hands down at the table. "I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!" Mrs. Fretz watches her husband with fear in her eyes. Mr. Fretz gets up and hugs Ellie tightly.  I backed away as the voice that was gone, came back to whisper more cruel things. " these people don't want you, they're probably going to hurt you." " Do you think a man like that, would want such a reject like you? You're not beautiful, you're..." "STOP!" I scream. The couple looked confused. " You DONT WANT ME! DONT LIE TO ME! GO AWAY!" Mr. Fretz reached out his hand and said " it's okay. I still want you as my own Ellie." Tears streamed down my face as I watched his hand. "I'm going to love you like you're my own daughter. " I started to cry as I reached for his hand." Mrs. Fretz placed her hand on both of ours. " Ellie it's okay, we want you." "We are going to protect you...we won't hurt you and I know you can't trust me right now because trust takes time." Mr. Fretz stepped back and walked out the door. Mrs. Fretz whispered goodbye and went after him. I was alone again. With my thoughts. " I'm sorry." I said softly as if he would hear me. I'm just a mess. No one would want me and I screw up everything. I never seem to say or do anything right. I started to cry. Tears fell to the floor. I miss my parents but I doubt they miss me becausewho abandons their own daughter... I wonder if they did because i was that bad.