~{Begin}~

I'm the heir to the throne to one of three most powerful factions in Japan and yet, I still feel weak. I'm currently sitting at a table listening to my parents rant about my recent assassination attempt. "I can't believe this!? What do we even pay these damn nights for is they can't realize someone about to kill my baby!" "Mother I'm perfectly fine." "You were poisoned! And you were sick for a week! Luckily the idiot used rat poison and not anything lethal!" "It's not that big of a deal right father." "No your mother is right, we need better security for you." "That would be unnecessary, I can handle myself." "You were poisoned by tea Mui! I can't handle another scare!"

My mother held my face with tears in her eyes "I'm sorry I don't want to make you in happy but I can't have you ending up like your brother!" I pulled away and got up "... excuse me." "Mui you know I only want the best for you! I didn't mean to bring up your brother but I'm worried, any good mother would be!" I closed the door as I heard my mother sobbing. I sighed and walked down the hall, guess there's no getting around it. I went down the grand staircase and was met with my brothers face on our family portrait hanging on the wall.

It was a simple photo, we weren't even wearing fancy clothes but it meant something to my family, in fact it was really hard to get a photo of Yui smiling

It was a simple photo, we weren't even wearing fancy clothes but it meant something to my family, in fact it was really hard to get a photo of Yui smiling. I remember him being so mad that he had to smile the whole time the painter was drawing he looked so irritated by somehow kept it together.

Flashback

"This is annoying." "Oh come on Yui it's just a smile" "No my idiotic brother this silly little portrait is beneath me." "Oh please no one wants to paint your ugly face anyways!" "Oh really." We had been arguing, playfully but still, and eventually we fell straight into the paint that the painter was about tot use, my parents replaced it and made sure we sat still. Hah! I think Yui frowned the whole week after that. "Yui it was just a picture I think it looked nice!" "Any important people who come to the castle are gonna think I'm a softie." "Yeah because you are one!" He laughed and threw a pillow at me. "Shut up idiot!"

Present Time

I felt a little sad but quickly shook my head. No! No... I'm not about to get sad again. I smiled slightly, "curse you Yui... still getting in my head even in the afterlife." I walked down the rest of the stairs, and into the library. I'm supposed to be getting more protection whatever that means, I just hope it doesn't interfere with my plans. I need to catch up on all my subjects I've fallen behind for a while. I grabbed a few books from the shelf and put it on the table with some parchment and a quill. This should be fun.