~{Awkward}~

My parents left us alone to "get to know each other." But we've just been sitting here for 20 minutes not saying anything. "Thank you..." "huh!? What!?" "I said thank you, you know for saving my life." "Oh you don't have to thank me for that it's my job!" "Just so you know, I'm not the type to make friends even with someone who'll save my life." "Oh... uh that's fine..." "So don't try to get close to me." "Yes, I promise." "I guess you'll just be following me around all day." "Yeah! Your mother told me about your schedule so I'll never lose you." "Of course she did. Don't you start tomorrow?" "Yes?" "Then you can do whatever you want around the castle I'm staying in my room." "Wait wha-" I got up quickly before he could finish and practically ran back inside and up to my room. I sat at my desk and banged my head on the table. "Why me!? I can't believe I have to do this! I have to have a stupidly awkward boy follow me around like a lost puppy! I hate my life! Ughhhhh!" There was a soft knock at my door. "What!?" "A-Are you alright your highness?" "Yes Maria I'm fine just having a midlife crises right now!"

I heard her heels walking away quickly. Great now I've scared off my maid. "Damn it..." I looked over on my desk and saw a letter near the edge. I grabbed it and looked at the seal. Pfft, classic as always Yui.

Flashback

"Your highness you've been sent a letter from your brother." "Oh thank you." I grabbed the letter and stared at the seal. It was a horse. "That jerk!" He knows how much I fear those creatures I was about to open it when Maria came back "Excuse me sir but you've been requested in the throne room." I sighed and put the letter down getting up. "What royal duties do I have now Maria?" "Just meeting with a few nobles." "Greeeaaat!"

I never did get to respond to that letter...

Present

I opened my eyes and ran my thumb over the seal. "You always were creative." I sat the letter away from the edge and in a small box that I used to keep candy that I stole from the kitchen. I looked at the clock, I should be in the library by now but... I just feel so tired today. My eyes were heavy and I eventually fell asleep.