~{Knowledge}~

I was just staring at him for like 5 minutes and I'm sure he caught on because he kept giving me side glances before finally looking up at me. I panicked and just turned my head back to my papers trying to pretend to be writing. Why'd I get so nervous? "Her skin was as p-porcelin?" "Porcelain." "I didn't now a c could sound like an s." "It's only sometimes." "You're so smart." "I-It's basic knowledge... anyways we can finish the book later I have to finish some business." "What else do you know about?" "Uh there's a lot of things you know." "What's your favorite?" "I guess astrology or reading?" "What's astrology?" "The study of the sky, studying things like planets, the moon, the stars, things like that." "Wow! That sounds fun!" "It is sometimes."

He was staring at all the rooms we walked past. "Did mother not give you a tour?" "No?" "As I expected." "To be honest it took me an hour to find your room this morning." "Well once you learn more reading you can just read the signs or look at the layout in the war room." "I'm actually looking forward to reading! Then I can teach my siblings!" "Oh so you have family?" "Yup! I have 2 little sisters and 3 little brothers!" "Oh... how about parents." "Dads dead but moms fine. That's the reason I got this job! I knew knights got paid a lot and I wanted to support my family, we've been struggling recently and I'm worried they won't make it until I get my first payment." "... I see." "Sorry! I didn't mean to sound selfish!" "No no, that's actually quite admirable." "Oh really thanks!" "Mhm." I started walking faster, not on purpose but it just happened. I passed by the knight armor on the wall and stared at it.

Flashback

"You think I'm ever gonna be that tall Yui!?" "No way! You're way too puny!" "Hey! We're the same height!" "No im taller!" "By like 2 centimeters!" "Still taller than you, and I'm older!" "By 5 minutes!" "Still! I'm older so you have to listen to me." "No way, I'm never gonna listen to you." "Technically you'll have too, since I'm older I'll get to be king first!" "Oh please you'd get de-throned on the first day." "I would not I'm very responsible!" "Nah you're just a weirdo obsessed with papers." "Hey! Those were important documents and very beautiful drawings!" "Haha!" "Tsk, whatever even if I do get to be ruler first it's not like I'm perfect..." "Huh?" "And that's why I have you Mui, you're always so much more cheery than me it's a good thing actually but you're also super good at almost everything I do too. So you'll be right by my side okay?" "Really?" "Of course but you can't back out on me you shy wimp!" "Hey!" "I'm kidding but still, you promise?" I gave him a hug. "Promise!"

Present

I woke up and as usual he had caught me. "You ok?" "Yeah I'm fine." "Thats the second time today your highness." "It's okay I'm used to it." It has been happening more often to be honest but it's no big deal. I stood up and brushed off my clothes. I was about to keep walking when I felt tired and yawned. "Are you tired?" "No I'll be okay, besides I have to finish a few things in my room." "Uh huh? Do you want me inside or-" "no... you can stay outside I'll be out soon." "Oh okay."

I went inside and started writing. "Dear, Maverin I hope this letter finds you well..."

"I have a request for you..."