Angel in Chains

Shaine decided to train Adam very well. " Well, I will teach you how to use the sick stick at the field. Now, why don't you move with Officer Stock for the theory." The cadet rolled his glassy eyes.
" It's too boring." Shaine tried to cheer him up. " At least, he can explain how asshole the Heretics were, Adam." Adam challenged Shaine. " Why don't you tell me how asshole our enemies are?"
Shaine holds his breath. " Rett once told me the enemies lived on four sides on each wing. The deadliest wing is the South Wing known as the Death Ground. That's where the Heretics and Sinners lived. He also told me about the Forever Angels." Adam's eyes bulged. " Forever Angels? Like the evil brotherhood?"
Shaine scratched his cropped hair. "Maybe." Damn. I should brush up on the theory. " All I know is they're trying to form some kind of modern Communism or what is our language. Ah. They're trying to raise hell."
" They loved to slaughter and corrupt. They wanted power. They're obsessed with Satanic rituals. That's what Rett used to say when he was recruited."
He said while sobbing. Shaine calmed him down by holding both his hands on his shoulders. " Hey. Hey." Shaine's eyes also grow its tears.

While busy building the upgrades, Adam showed his school magazine to Shaine.
" I won my first Spelling Bee. This is me as the President of the Anti-Drugs Club."
President of the Anti-Drugs Club but ended up being a junkie. Shaine thought. " And I won another Spelling Bee." Shaine challenged Adam. " Why don't spell the most difficult word that you used to scare the shit out of you? Hmm."
Adam paused. Shaine laughed. " Forget it. I saw you won a Science Fest." He pointed at the boy with a strange invention. " Yes. I made a machine that changes a potato into electricity."
Shaine was intrigued. I wish my sister was smart like Adam. " Wow. I can charge my Neutrino shotgun with a potato from now on. Maybe Matt can use a potato to charge his video game."
Matt heard Shaine making fun of him. He threw his tissue roll at him.
" Not funny, Lieutenant."
Shaine shrugged. " Come on. Adam is a genius. He used a damn potato as a weapon to kill the Heretics."
Matt laughed. " Throw a potato to Enoch's head for murdering Rett."
Three of them laughed as the African-American officer came in.
" Keep laughing, motherfuckers."
Suddenly, Matt shouted.
" Vengeance for Rett!"

" You cared a lot about your cadet." Gabe and Shaine went to the bar. " Adam is the same age as my sister when she died."
" Nineteen? She looks young. What happened?"
Shaine didn't want to mention her suicide. " Heroin overdose." Gabe patted his shoulder. " I'm sorry. Well, Stock tell me about you used to do drugs. How long you've been high on cocaine? We didn't have drug laws because most of the Angels are high. Especially New Year's Eve and Christmas."
Shaine only pointed five fingers. " Five years?" Gabe was shocked. Shaine was drinking so hard. " Gabe, did Rett tell you about his family?" Gabe tried to explain everything to him. He sighed.
" Rett. He's a single daddy. His wife got murdered by corrupt cops. Rett was once a policeman but loses his job after one of his colleagues corrupts. He lived miserably. Pill abuse. He was a good father. He sold his beloved Daytona for Mindy's chemotherapy."
" What about Maya?"
" Maya was a little disturbed because of her Dyslexia. She got ridiculed like your sister."
" Well, Stock tell me about the car accident."
" Yeah. Her boyfriend is a drunk driver which is fucked up. You know Canada.
Beautiful place with high-ranking alcohol and speeding-related deaths."
Wait. Rett is a Canadian? No wonder his accent was different.
" So, Shaine. Where are you come from?"
Shaine smiled. " Texas."
" You're a cowboy? That's explain a lot."
" What? I ride and kick the Heretics' ass?"
Gabe wiped his mouth. " No, Andrews. You did the lasso thing with a chain. That's the worst thing you ever did. Who are the single motherfuckers managed to do that other than you? See? You're something else."
Gabe's telecom is ringing. " All Angels reported to the base. Destinies bombed the weaponry facility."
Shit. They come back again. Oh, God.
" What? You look anxious."
" I asked Matt to train Adam how to use guns." Shaine held his chest and left the bar. He forgot to pay the bartender.
" It's okay. My treat." Shaine ran to his bike.
Gabe watched him, confused. " Thanks!"