Prologue + Dream Cast

I found myself on the beach, standing on the sand, looking at the vast ocean and the setting sun. Seagulls were flying and making sounds in the sky. The breeze from the beach was caressing my loose hair. The wind blew hard enough that my hair became messy, covered my face, and blocked my view. I tried to push my hair behind my ears, but it didn't work because the wind kept blowing against me. When I started to feel desperate, a pair of hands suddenly grabbed my hair, pulled it back, and tied it with a scrunchie.

"Luckily, I have a scrunchie, honey," said a man, tying my hair tightly. "Otherwise, your hair would be very messy."

"Honey?" I thought. "Why did he call me honey?"

I immediately turned around intending to scold him for calling me honey carelessly, but then I changed my mind. In front of me was a tall man with a handsome face. I didn't recognize his face, but I liked what I saw. I saw a pair of almond-shaped dark brown eyes, a chiseled chin covered with a thin beard, thick eyebrows, a slightly asymmetrical high nose, and charming lips.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, not knowing who he was.

"I'm your fiancé, honey," he answered softly. "Don't you remember?"

"What? Fiancé?" I thought again. "Seriously! How could he be my fiancé? I've never had a partner in my entire life, then suddenly I have a fiancé? This doesn't make sense! I must be dreaming. Yes, that's the only answer I can accept right now. What should I do next? What answer should I tell him?"

"Oh, you must have the wrong person. I'm not engaged at all, I've never even had a partner," I replied, keeping my distance from the strange man.

"Then what about the ring you're wearing?" he asked, showing the ring on my finger with his eyes.

I was surprised when I saw a diamond ring on my finger. "What? How come there's a ring on my finger? When did I get proposed, and why did I get proposed by this stranger? I don't know him at all," I thought.

"Honey?" he called with a worried face. He noticed me daydreaming.

I continued thinking. "Even though this doesn't make sense, he still managed to charm me with his handsome face, and if I look again, he doesn't seem dangerous. So I guess there's no harm in just going along with it, right?"

"Honey?" he called again. This time he raised his hand and placed his palm on my forehead.

I immediately shook my head and replied, "Oh, sorry. Of course, I remember, honey. I was just messing with you."

"Really?"

"Yes," I answered shortly.

The man asked again, "Then what did you mean by what you said earlier?"

"I was just pretending. You know that I like doing that," I replied, trying to convince him.

"But this is the first time I've seen you like that."

I went silent and stared into his eyes. He was starting to look suspicious. I had to respond quickly.

"Then, there is a possibility that something like this will happen again when we get married." That was the sentence that crossed my mind and came out of my mouth.