Chapter 1 - Client's Wedding Day

Slowly I opened my eyes, then I took my phone on the bedside table and immediately turned off the alarm. The time showed 06.00. I yawned and blinked, then got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to get ready for my client's wedding. After taking a shower, I started to get dressed. Luckily I had prepared the clothes I would wear today, so I could wear them immediately without having to bother choosing again, and as the owner and CEO of Mon Amour Wedding Planner and Organizer. I had to look the part. By the way, the meaning of the word Mon Amour comes from French which means My Love. This company has been running for five years, and of course, has served hundreds of couples who want to get married. After finishing getting dressed, I sat in front of the mirror and started putting on makeup and styling my hair neatly.

While I was putting on makeup, I remembered the dream that I just had. "What kind of dream was that? Why did I dream about getting engaged? I've never been interested in finding a life partner, so how could I have a fiancé? How strange," I thought while looking in the mirror. "But if I think about it, the man in the dream was very charming. Even though I don't recognize his face, I still like him. Also, even though I'm not interested in becoming his life partner, at least I want to be able to have a friend like him."

I took my phone on the table and opened the chat group: Gal Pals Forever, where I interacted with two best friends named Debora Natalie Dawson and Giselle Taylor Goodwin. We have been friends since junior high school, and even though we were separated during college and work, we still tried to make time to get together. This time Debora invited me and Giselle to meet at the Upstairs Rooftop Cafe tomorrow afternoon, with the excuse that she had good news that she wanted to share. Although the news could be told via phone, she felt that it would be more fun if it was delivered face to face. I replied to her message and didn't forget to include some cute emojis.

After I finished replying to their messages, I immediately contacted the coordinators who were in charge of today's client's wedding. I have to make sure once again that everything is ready and according to the client's order. They are looking forward to this special day, so I will not allow any mistakes to happen. I also didn't forget to contact the client to send me updates on their preparations.

For every client's wedding event, I always assign my nine mainstay coordinators: Lola, Evelyn, Natasha, Kenny, Albert, Emily, Jenna, Jordan, and Wilson. They have been assigned according to their respective expertise.

Lola acts as the decoration equipment coordinator, and her job is to ensure that all the decoration equipment needed for the event has been prepared, and can be used properly during the event. She also has to arrange the decoration as beautifully as possible and according to what the client ordered. Evelyn is the stage manager, whose job is to coordinate the readiness of the event performers and ensure that the event schedule is carried out properly and on time. Natasha is the catering coordinator, her job is to ensure and double-check all the details of the food and beverage orders that are ready to be served to the guests who will attend. Kenny acts as the document coordinator, where he has to accompany the documentation vendor and ensure that all the photo session equipment is ready to be used. Then there is Albert who works as a security coordinator, he has to coordinate the location conditions with local security, check guest access routes, and help receive incoming flower boards.

Emily is the personal assistant of the couple's parents. She will accompany them during the wedding. If they want something, Emily must find it. The most important thing is that the couple's parents are treated specially until the wedding process ends. Jenna acts as the family, guest, and guest book coordinator. She will coordinate the preparations of the extended family and the committee on duty, and ensure that every activity involving the extended family and committee runs according to schedule. Jordan is in charge of ensuring that the event MC has arrived at the location. He must accompany the event MC according to the rundown that has been prepared, and monitor the work of the entertainment vendors during the event. The last member I need to contact is Wilson. His role is to arrange VIP guest access, work with the family or agencies that know the VIP guests, and escort VIP guests to the wedding room and VIP dining area.