Chapter 3: The Art of Customized Care

The experts at Ivrie Dental Clinic continued improving cooperation. Dr. Tul-id floated an idea they all cherished: a community workshop to show their collaborative work and educate the public on the value of comprehensive dental care.

The team enthusiastically planned the activity to be informative and fun. Dr. Pagay focused on the orthodontic aspects of the case because Thilly's was perfect for showing teamwork. She offered to share her thoughts on how there is a crucial link between periodontal health and oral health. Meanwhile, Dr. Lim prepared to enlighten everyone about the importance of endodontic treatments.

There was a certain excitement about the preparation since the clinic was full of seminars on that date. Specialists came to work on their presentations. They brought real examples, indicating how their disciplines are intertwined, and because of that, they helped one patient more.

Indeed, on the workshop day, families from all over Cebu arrived in droves at the clinic, and excitement was in the air. Dr. Pagay welcomed guests and introduced the specialists to open the event officially. "Today, we would be thrilled to share how our team works in collaboration to provide quality care to patients," Dr. Pagay said with a tone that was so alive and within her words.

She then presented her case on why gum health matters. "Healthy gums are the foundation for a healthy mouth, and not having good gum health may make our dental treatments ineffective," she explained. She cites patient stories about how they were successfully treated using periodontal care. "Teamwork was key to all of these accomplishments," she emphasized.

She went on and on and eloquently painted a picture of the root canal process. "Many people fear this procedure," she said. "But it can mean all the difference to a tooth. If we treat problems early, we might prevent more complicated problems down the line." She illustrated her points using several before-and-after photographs.

When it was her turn, Dr. Tul-id presented a current case with Mr. Pesa, who claimed that teamwork had produced an efficient and aesthetically beautiful solution to his missing teeth problem. "We can look after every aspect of the patient's care when we work together," pointed out Dr. Tul-id.

Questions soon flowed, and one mom asked, "How do we know that our dental issues are being treated holistically?"

Dr. Pagay smiled and said, "That's why we are here! Our team communicates regularly and works together on all cases. Nothing falls through the cracks. Feel free to ask any questions at all."

Specialists could discuss the workshop in detail after it had ended. Many people who attended the workshop were thankful for their experience, suggesting that this knowledge helped them govern their dental health. Specialists were pleased to know that the population at the local level benefited from the cooperative effort.

According to Dr. Sandoval, "It's amazing how the team effort extends beyond the clinic. It empowers them to take care of their dental health and, simultaneously, makes them understand that it's a complete treatment.".

As the group prepared to leave, Dr. Pagay flashed a warm smile. She knew the workshop had better informed the community and made them even more committed to working as a team. "This is just the beginning," she thought; we can go on to inspire others and develop the culture of collaboration in dentistry."