𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉ℯℯ𝓃

Please consider voting :)

"I still have four years, but I'm going to die anyway," Giyuu muttered quietly, his voice trembling.

Shinobu stared at him, a mix of frustration and sorrow etched on her face. "So, you're going to die? Just like that?"

"You should cheer up," he replied with a weak smile, avoiding her gaze. "You'll still have the others after I'm gone."

Shinobu's hands clenched into fists. "What do you mean? How can I cheer up knowing you're leaving me behind? You... you can't just say things like that."

"You can honor your sister's wishes," he continued, his tone distant, "and marry the man you love."

Her eyes widened in disbelief. "How am I supposed to do that?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly. "The man I love is standing right in front of me, talking about dying. And you expect me to move on, to marry someone else?"

Giyuu remained silent, unable to meet her gaze. "Well, at least... you could name your kid Giyuu, but hey, he's yours to name," he added with a hollow laugh.

Shinobu's hand flew to her mouth, trying to stifle a sob. "How... how can you be laughing about this?" Her voice trembled with barely contained grief and anger. "Four years? Or a thousand and five hundred days, huh? That's plenty for you, but for me, it's not enough."

"It's just a phase, Shinobu," Giyuu said quietly, staring off into the distance. "Give or take two years after I die, you'll forget I ever existed."

Before he could react, Shinobu slapped him across the face, her hand stinging from the impact. Giyuu blinked in surprise, his cheek reddening.

"What was that for?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"For being you," she snapped. "For saying something so ridiculous."

"Then who am I supposed to be?" he asked, still stunned.

"Don't be the Water Hashira. Be Giyuu Tomioka," she said sternly, tears forming in her eyes. "Be the man, not the symbol."

"I am both Giyuu and the Water Hashira," he replied, his voice soft. "I never deserved either title, but—"

"Shut up!" she interrupted, her voice cracking, as tears spilled down her cheeks. "You... you don't have any say in this. Why are you such an idiot? Why do you always belittle yourself? Why are you such a clown? Why do you think I'm still with you?"

"Because I'm your friend?" Giyuu answered hesitantly.

"You're an idiot!" Shinobu cried out, her fists trembling. "Just a big idiot! Stop clowning on yourself! This is serious! It's about whether you live or die, how do you expect me to marry another man when you're dead?"