Chapter 13

The doors open to reveal various people from the staff and they slowly trickle in, eyes wide and nervous. Felix is patiently waiting until the last person enters the room and the doors close behind them. Once they do, Hyunjin addresses everyone in the room. "So," He begins, letting the tension in the room grow. "There's something that I heard that one of you was rude to Prince Felix's staff. Come clean and apologize." His eyes flicker over to Felix. He looks quite intimidating. 

Felix crosses his arms and the sunshine personality that you know is gone. "I want this alliance to work but I cannot have anyone disrespect my staff." He searches everyone's face. Almost all of them are confused as they're the ones who have been respectful and quite friendly to everyone.

Unfortunately, your eyes happen to catch theirs...

You shrink back at the look they give you. You still have no idea what the hell you did wrong! You simply make sure that your gaze doesn't meet theirs.

It's silent and after a minute or two, Felix sighs. He gets up, his imposing presence makes the staff worry in fear. You simply watch on as Felix stops in front of them. "Who is bold enough to tell me who it was?"

The confused faces are still apparent on all of them but now fear is starting to slip through the cracks.

"Do I... have to repeat myself?" Felix's voice goes a tone deeper.

It's silent. Until a random member of the staff is quick to step forward. You can see that person openly glare at the staff member. It's all in one jumbled sentence but you can see how scared they are of admitting it.

Felix smiles brightly, thanking them and the rest of the staff is quick to leave the room. The one person stands there, eyes cast downwards and Felix stalks forward. "Lift your head," His voice has a dangerous edge to it.

They do so, eyes shaking nervously and their hands grip the edge of their uniform.

"I would appreciate it," Felix says, there's an edge to his voice despite his generous sentence. "If you would apologize."

"I-I apologize," They bow, knuckles turning white from how hard they're gripping onto their uniform. "I was out of line to be rude to our guests."

Felix stares them down. "That sort of sucked as an apology but I'll take it. More importantly," His eyes lock onto yours. "Does the apology suffice?"

You're dumbfounded for a moment before you hastily figure out what's going on. "Oh, yes, Fourth Prince." You bow.

"Then it's all settled!" Felix turns to the staff member one last time before giving his full attention to Hyunjin. "If I may request one last favor from you."

"Go ahead." Hyunjin replies. Even from here, you can see the twinkle of amusement in his eyes. He's clearly enjoying this.

"I don't want them to work in the castle for the duration of my stay." Felix drops the statement just like that.

Hyunjin raises an eyebrow but agrees nonetheless. "Of course. Anything to make your stay comfortable here." With a snap of his fingers, another maid comes rushing in. "Make sure that this one doesn't work here for the remainder of our guest's stay."

"Yes, your highness." The maid replies and escorts the person out of the room. You're met with one last glare before the doors close on them. Your eyes flicker to Felix who stares at the door for a moment longer before turning to Hyunjin. "So, shall we continue with our business?"

Hyunjin agrees and they both take a seat, discussing some matters. Meanwhile, you're left to your own thoughts. Felix is truly a kind person, isn't he?