chapter 3

We have been riding through the forest for a while now. With the squirrel jisung showing us the way and numerous animals around us whispering about us. Do they do that normally to? I can feel seonghwa becoming tired so I call Jisung "can we take a break?" He stops and turns around nodding and jumping of a tree branch.

I give seonghwa water and pat his back until jisung speaks up "he's not normal" jisung says squinting his tiny eyes. I look at him confused, yes, I know Seonghwa is a bit smarter because he seems to understand what we're saying but 'not normal' naaahhh. "What do you mean?" I ask with a frown on my face.

"Is he from your kingdom or did he just appear one day?" Jisung asks looking at seonghwa and then at me. "He ran to us one day" I say confused by why that would matter. I start walking again and Jisung speaks again. "Then he's probably a human that was turned into a horse" Jisung says. I stop walking and turn around "now your joking" I say letting out a little laugh.

"Hehehheheh" he laughs weirdly, no fake fits better. "No I'm not" He says. "But you'll maybe find out later now come" he says before jumping onto one of the tree branches and continuing our journey. I quickly catch up with seonghwa beside me. I'm not going to ride him as long as he's that exhausted (that sounds so wrong I'm sorry).

We walk and walk and walk in an uncomfortable silence. "Soooo what do you do in your live" I ask trying to break the silence. "Not much I'm a squirrel what should I do" he says with hint of sadness in his voice.

"Sorry for asking" I say but he just shakes his head while landing on another tree branch. That move made me realise that I'm talking to a squirrel in a magic forest trying to get to a boy in a kingdom that kills everyone that enters. Wow, seungcheol just wow.

Jisung stops and jumps down onto seonghwas head again. Seonghwa just let's out something that sounds like a sigh and I pat his soft hair. "So you sure you want to do this?" Jisung asks and I nod.

He then turns on Seonghwas head and points forward. "Look there that's the start of the forest". I look into the direction he's pointing and see something black.

Jisung turns to me again and continues "Well if we want to stay alive in there then we must stick together" he says. "Let's rest here for a while so we can ride Seonghwa later" He says before jumping down and leaning against a tree. I do the same and look at the darkness in the distance. Now I'm going to find out what really is there.

I eat and drink something before standing up and giving some to Seonghwa. I pat his head "you ready?" I ask him and let's out a neigh. I give him a reassuring smile before jumping on him and looking at the squirrel.

"Let's go Jisung" I say and he jumps onto Seonghwa. "Sure cherry boy" He says and I roll my eyes. I nudge Seonghwa forward and we start walking. We went closer and closer and to my surprise it really looked like there was just a line made between the light forest and the dark forest.

We are almost there and my anxiety rouses up. I look there and it seems like it's just blackness. I shigh and we enter the blackness while I close my eyes prepared for literally nothing. Deciding to open my eyes I look around and see nothing because it's dark, like really dark, really reaaallllyyy-.

"Go forward" jisung says interrupting my thoughts. Seonghwa walks forward and I get the chance to focus on my surroundings a bit more. There are only damn spruces and nothing else. It looks empty and sad. It's so dark that I'm questioning if we actually are in the dark forest or if this is just a nightmare from my younger self.

"There's nothing here?" I question looking at the squirrel infront of me. "Why should there be anything here, and keep your voice down your horse is already white they'll see it from a mile away." He whispers to me.

"Hey don't insult my horse" I say and Jisung turns around. He then starts tugging my hair. "Yah I was only speaking the truth" The squirrel says to me angrily while letting go of my hair. I whine and put a hand on the place he tugged at.

"If you keep being that loud then everyone in the fucking forest will notice you" A voice from infront of us says. We both turn to them and I drop my hand. Infront of us was.... A fucking rabbit and a PENGUIN.

Where did a fucking penguin come from and why can it talk. Whyyy? I don't understand this shit anymore. "We'll help you if you're okay with it" the penguin says before the rabbit starts talking too "and if you can finally be quiet" we all nod and the penguin starts walking. Well.. I don't know if it's walking but it looks similar.

We start to follow them through the forest and I get more and more confused. Are they the only animals here? A rabbit and a fucking penguin. Wow what am I going to see next? A witch that turns Seonghwa into a human? A unicorn that eats little kids? Maybe I'll even see a centaur and a dinosaur, I mean everything is possible here.

What I'm really wondering about is if there's like many penguin and rabbits that are the 'monsters' of the forest? I mean what else

___________________________________________

Sorry this was a bit shorter.... 🥲

Have a good day/night or whatever 💗

___________________________________________