Bet

Warnings: Angsty, one use of 'shitty, I think  really that's it.

Summary: Mattheo's friends bet that he can't get you and well, you find out

Words: 1777

You and Mattheo had been dating for just 3 months now. It had been going great. Your dates were always really fun and cute. You always seemed to be hanging out and kissing and holding hands and just being a regular grossly cute couple.

It was all so perfect.

That was until you were coming up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower to hang out with the boys. They were up there already and talking and you heard your name so you stopped to listen.

"It's been 3 months with y/n. I guess that means you win." You heard Enzo say, just making you confused.

"I can't believe you did it. I thought you'd get bored of her after 2 weeks." Theo added.

"You guys should already know how seriously I take bets. I like proving you guys wrong." Mattheo, your boyfriend, said.
"I think you just like taking our money." Draco said and the boys laughed.

You felt sick. You were a bet?

You stood on the stairs for a moment, just taking in the conversation and if you paid attention, you could even hear the money being exchanged, the little clinking of coins as they were being passed.

You turned around, hurrying down the stairs as quietly as you could.

How humiliating. How could vou face any of them again?

You actually really liked Mattheo. He was so sweet and made you laugh and made you feel appreciated.
And now you just felt sick and horrible. How could someone fake all that?

You went back to your dorm, unsure if you should hurl or cry. Instead, you settled for going to sleep, not even bothering to change as you settled into your bed, hiding under the blankets. Was it embarrassing to throw yourself a pity party over a boy toying with your feelings? Yes. But right now, you didn't care. You just wanted to sleep and hopefully wake up to either that conversation being a cruel dream or Mattheo never existing.

It took a lot of tossing and turning, but you managed to get to sleep. You woke up in the morning all sweaty and still upset. You didn't wanna get out of bed. You knew getting up meant that you'd have to see him and probably confront him and you didn't know if you were ready for that.

You forced yourself out of bed anyways, knowing there were still classes today, and as much as you would've loved to sulk in bed, you couldn't miss lessons. You got ready for the day, showering and getting dressed in your uniform before heading out.

Only Mattheo was in front of your door when you opened it, holding a pastry and some drink with a look of concern. You froze, not sure what to do.

"Morning, princess. We missed you last night." He said. offering you the food and drink.

"I was too tired." You lied, stepping out of your dorm and closing the door. You accepted the food and drink knowing you'll probably just end up throwing it away anyways. Your stomach still felt too sick to eat.

"You could've told me, angel. I would've just spent the night with you. You know l'd rather spend time with you." He said with a soft smile.

"Sorry. I wasn't really thinking." You said and started making your way to your class.
Mattheo was quick to follow. "It's alright. I was just worried. Plus, I missed you." He said as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.