My Queen

With swollen eyes, puffy cheeks and dried tears I woke up ready to tackle the day. Would he be missing me as much as I was missing him? Would he be regretting his decision? The thoughts clouded my mind.
I quickly went to washroom and washed my face.
I wore a little black dress, showcasing both my mood and damn care attitude. I didn't want to dress up for the man who gave up on me so easily. Instead of being my shield or my support, he gave up on me. So let it be.
I did my little makeup and took my bag to leave. The day was as gloomy as my mood, we can hear distant sad growling and howling of animals.
"Ava are you ok? " Miss Stella asked.
"Yes, I am fine. " I replied with a fake smile.
"Ava you can fake happiness but the nature showcases your real mood. " Ako replied joining me in the dining table.
"I am not going to force you to tell what you feel but Ava remember the world is a very bad place. People breaks others hearts without any regret. People pretend and doesn't showcase their reality. Be safe my daughter. " Miss Stella said kissing my forehead.
And I knew this is true. My mom had to give her happiness, freedom, daughter and life because of her naivety and believe in love but I am not going to do that. With this determination I stepped foot and the weather changed. Though it wasn't the happy sunny day but a blissful day indeed.
Me and Ako sat in the class with Ako's continuous side glances and Mr Leo entered the class.
"Good morning class! " He wished. With his voice my heart clenched so tight yet I was able to maintain a straight face. He looked at me and his eyes lingered a little on my face and I gave him my smile not letting him see behind my exterior. But his face was confused but decided to move on with the class.
"It's ok Ava, we will be able to fight it. " I heard Tracy's voice.
"Where were you? " I asked.
"We were trying to fight our emotions. We have to survive and restore world's peace we can't be defeated by love. " Gracy said. And their words gave me the little co confidence I was lacking.
" You ok? " Ako asked taking my hand in his.
I nodded with a smile but took my hand from his making him frown.
I looked at the front towards Leo to find him looking at me with admiration but soon he shook his head and turned away.
"Don't you like me anymore? " Ako asked with a sad tone.
"It's not that. I just don't want to step into anything until I am sure you are my mate. " I smiled at him making him nod in understanding.
I now knew he wasn't my mate but I couldn't tell him the truth without revealing the name of my true mate.
After the class ended Leo again stopped me. Ako looked with me but I gave him a reassuring nod and he left.
"Are you ok? " Leo asked.
"It is hard but I will be fine. " I replied honestly looking away.
" You are strong ". He commented like he was surprised.
"Is it a bad thing? " I challenged him looking directly at his eyes.
" No no. I mean you are stronger than me. It is really hard for me, I wasn't able to sleep last night. " He said looking down. I felt bad for him but then recalled Miss Stella's words from this morning. It can be a deceive.
"Hmm as you have said we have no other option. " I replied trying to escape him.
" May be there is. " He said coming towards me and took my hand in his and the sparkle again began in my body making me almost moan.
"What? " I asked trying to keep myself from giving in.
" May be we can find a way. I can't live without you Ava. I am falling in love with you. " He said pulling me close and my body collided with his as his arms circled around my waist.
I looked up at him as every cell of my body was screaming to give in and kiss him, to believe in him and be his.
I was about to close my eyes and lean when like a bell something went and pulled me away with a jerk. I was shocked and with his expression so was he.
"I.. I.. " I couldn't complete my sentence.
"I will have to leave. " That's all I could say before I rushed outside the class.

Leonard's POV

I was shocked to see her reaction. It is not easy to pull away from mate bond, even I was lost and was out of control. The words fell out of lips automatically and I was about to give in but she, how could she be so strong to pull away from mate bond. She is stronger than I assumed her to be. I was expecting her to skip the class today or even if she arrives, she would be depressed with dark under eyes. But there she was wearing a black dress defying my wish and showcasing her skin and smiling at that stupid boy like nothing happened. But when she pulled her hand away from his made me respect her more. Initially I thought she was trying to make me jealous my looking so adorable and attractive at the same time in that short black dress. But her action told me she was just showcasing her individuality, her strength and independence that she can do what she wants yet respectful enough to do only what is right and not to show or proof anybody anything.
If only things were different. I would be so proud to have her beside me as my queen, my strong beautiful queen. She has every quality to be a queen even more qualified than me to be a leader. But these skills makes her even more dangerous for me. Only if things were different, only if.