Back to Hostel

"So, I will end it here today . If anybody wants to talk they are welcome to my cabin. Feel free to come and express yourself. And remember mental health is very important and seeking help is a strength and sorry for taking up your precious time .Now ,if you allow me I will leave."

Hearing the closure ,I zoned in. He finally had decided to leave 55 minutes after he entered here.   He was so polite and formal with his words, seeming like a professional ,while his attire said otherwise. I let a sigh of relief as he departed.

"Finallyyyy....it's over" I said

"Actually bro, I was getting sleepy. I wondered if he would take another hour "Alina said while yawning.

"I thought you liked him!!" 

"I did like him until he started speaking" she said and stood up.

"Are you going somewhere??" I asked her

"Yeahh , to freshen up or I would be counting sheep faster than the professor could count on his fingers" She replied drowsily.

I snickered at her response. She does know how to lighten up the mood anytime

______________________________________________________________________________

We were back to our rooms at last. It was already 10 p.m. by then . I threw my bag and myself onto the bed. I really didn't feel like studying today but these forceful self study hours suck up my entire energy.

 Our hostel room had 10 beds with 2 windows which were pretty much useless as they were overshadowed by our neighboring hostel building. A sliding door which made much more noise than a normal door and 2 nightlights due to which there were frequent wars between the roommates . Our beds were all aligned with the walls  , 5 on one side and 5 on the other. Mine and Alina's bed faced each other , but we usually slept together in one bed mostly mine sometimes hers.

I had changed into grey hoody and black leggings .Alina changed into a black crop top with dark blue jeggings . I felt lightweight and free after such a long and tiring day , so I just plumped down the bed....

"Do you have soup??, I'm hungry" Alina turned to me pouting...

"The last packet, yes.........My coffee mug's dirty bring me yours "I said getting up

"okayyy...Time for some soup" she exclaimed

I opened the cabinet and got the last packet of instant soup out . We got the hot water from the dispenser and poured the instant soup powder ......That's when we realized something was missing..........We didn't have a DAMN SPOON to mix it withh..Well I had lost mine a few days ago , so I looked at her hopefully... But to my dismay she didn't have hers either.... 

"I left it in the classroom" she said giving me an innocent look, as if it was something pretty normal to do so.

"YOUU left it in the classroomm??? " I looked at her like what the hell did you just say...

"Let's ask our roommates , they might lend us"  

So , we went around asking our roommates for a spoon and they were either using it or had already lent it to someone....Almost half an hour later we got a spoon and we stirred the soup but the water had gone cold...

It was the last packet and also of my favorite flavor, so I didn't want to let it to go wasted...               We weren't even allowed induction or a kettle in here. So there was no method to heat it up.. 

And then it hit us together... We looked at each other together. Seems like we got the same thought............SO, we did what we thought about, we poured the soup in the dispenser and turned on the hot water tap expecting the soup to pour in the mug we had placed..                              Sadly, it was just plain water we got with the smell of the soup. Wait a minute , wasn't the soup supposed to come out of here. I looked at her in utter confusion while she did the same. 

"Did we just get scammed bro??" She asked baffled at what just happened.

" I think so" I replied , I too didn't expect something like this to happen. Guess luck wasn't on our side today..

Disappointed by what happened , we just decided to sleep hungry. Our staffs must be crazy to provide dinner at 7....