part 1

Shadowsmoor Manor had a long and sinister history. It was built in the 1800s by the eccentric Lord Darkford, who was said to have conducted horrific experiments and rituals in the mansion's hidden chambers. Years later, the house was sold to the young heiress, john, who vowed to uncover the mysteries of the manor and restore it to its former glory.

It was a chilly October night when John Blackwell drove up to the eerie Shadowsmoor Manor. It had been years since anyone had lived in the once grand mansion, and the old house had fallen into disrepair. John stepped out of his car, his eyes taking in the dark silhouette of the imposing mansion, its windows like black eyes staring out into the night

He walked slowly towards the mansion, the crunching of the gravel under his feet the only sound in the moonlit night. The house was surrounded by a thick wood of dark, gnarled trees, the branches swaying in the night breeze, and giving the mansion a sinister feel.

John looked out at the forest surrounding Shadowsmoor Manor. It was a thick and dense woods, the trees twisted into eerie shapes, and their branches reaching out like clawing hands. The mansion itself was a towering structure with gothic architecture, its windows dark and empty, and its shadow looming over the trees like a giant spider's web. John couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched, the shadows around him seemed to hold secrets and whispers of the past.As he climbed the steps to the front door, he felt a chill run down his spine.

"Ugh, great. Back in this dull, ancient village. I swear, Grandma's obsession with family history is exhausting. I'd rather be anywhere else.

"I trudge through the mansion's entrance, my eyes rolling at the dusty antiques and cobweb-covered portraits. This place reeks of stagnation. I've seen more excitement in a graveyard.

"What's the point of revisiting the past? It's not like it'll change anything. I've got better things to do than listen to stories about dead relatives and their 'legendary' feats.

"Grandma says this mansion holds secrets, but I'm not buying it. Just a bunch of old furniture and forgotten memories. I'll humor her, but my mind's already elsewhere.
Here's the inner monologue:

"But why did Grandma insist I come here? This mansion gives me the chills every time. I feel a shiver run down my spine as I push open the creaky door. Stepping inside, I sense my energy being drained, like the air is sucking the life out of me. What's going on? I don't like this one bit.

"I try to shake off the feeling, but it only intensifies. The shadows seem to writhe on the walls, and the silence is oppressive. I can't explain it, but something about this place feels... off.

"Grandma said this mansion held secrets, that I needed to understand my family's past. But I'm not sure I want to know. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, warning me to leave. Now.

"Why did I listen to her? This place is seriously creepy.