eight

Thousands of years ago, in a time when ancient knowledge was hidden from the world, a group of scholars, mystics, and warriors forged a plaquette of immense power. This object held the ability to unlock forbidden secrets buried deep within the fabric of the universe. The plaquette was designed to bond with the Book of Secrets, a tome containing knowledge that could alter the course of history itself. But it was not meant for mortal hands-only those worthy, who had faced the trials of the ancient, could wield it without being consumed.

Back in the dimly lit room, Ava and Liam stood frozen, their hands still on the glowing book, absorbing the gravity of Liam's revelation.

Ava's voice trembled slightly, "This plaquette... how do we even begin to find something that's been hidden for thousands of years?"

Liam's gaze turned sharp, his mind already churning. "There are clues, Ava. Hidden in myths, lost civilizations... I've been searching for years."

Ava furrowed her brow. "You've been searching? Why didn't you tell me before?"

Liam's face hardened. "Some things you don't share until the time is right."

The atmosphere in the room felt thick, almost oppressive, as if the air itself was holding its breath. The glowing light of the book slowly dimmed, leaving them once again enveloped in the shadows. They stepped away from the pedestal, and Liam walked toward the far wall, tracing his fingers across its rough surface.

"There's something more here," he muttered, feeling the faint grooves beneath his fingertips.

Ava, still recovering from the shock, joined him. "What is it?"

Liam stopped and pressed into the wall, a soft rumbling noise reverberating through the room as a hidden compartment slid open. Inside was an old scroll, weathered and cracked with age.

"This..." he said, carefully unrolling it, "... is the first clue."

Ava peered over his shoulder, reading the cryptic writing. It wasn't in any language she recognized. The symbols twisted and curved in ways that felt unnatural, almost alive. The air around them seemed to thrum with energy.

"We need to decode this," Liam said, his voice tense. "It's the key to finding the plaquette."

Ava's eyes narrowed. "Do you even know how to read that?"

Liam looked at her, the red in his eyes still faintly glowing. "Not yet," he admitted, "but I know where we can start."

Ava, despite her earlier frustrations, felt a chill of excitement race up her spine. There was something bigger at play here-something ancient, something dangerous. And for better or worse, she was a part of it now.

They left the mysterious room, the echo of their footsteps fading behind them. As they exited, the door sealed shut once more, as though it had never existed. Outside, the cold night air hit their faces, and the vast landscape stretched out before them. Somewhere out there, hidden in time, was the plaquette. But they had no idea what would be waiting for them once they found it.

Liam, with a determined look, folded the scroll and tucked it into his coat pocket. "We need to prepare," he said. "The moment we begin this search, we'll be hunted."

"Hunted? By who?" Ava asked, though part of her already knew the answer.

"The Keepers of the Hidden," Liam replied, his tone dark. "They've protected the Book and the plaquette for millennia. They won't let us take them easily."

Ava felt a surge of anxiety but also an undeniable thrill. This was bigger than she had ever imagined.she doesn't know what liam is talking? If he know about why he not telling me? And try to protect me? Why? Is he.....,no no no??

As they walked off into the night, their journey had only just begun. And ava seeing liam from the back and seeing him from her narrowing eyes like a cat as she is going to bite him,lol!.

Now, they have to find the mystery and truth specially that plaquette that hold the many secrets, as mid night fall. They already gone from there, and both have to make a plan to slove this mystery.

Liam has his own journey which ava has don't know as liam knows about her, But how and why?