Lunch Date

Navya's Pov

I am waiting for Kriti to come and have lunch together. Last night when we were texting she told me we would have lunch together but it's been ten minutes already and there's no sign of her did she ditch me?

"I am sorry did I keep you waiting for long?" She said while taking deep breaths as she nearly gave me a heart attack.

"No, did you run here? She was still trying to catch her breath.

"Yes you know Nigam Sir na the physics teacher he is deaf like for real he seriously can't hear the bell." Well, that explains why she was late he has this habit of staying in class even after his period.

"Oh I can totally relate to it having his class before lunch or as last period is the worst" 

"By the way what did you bring today mumma packed me aloo matar today I am seriously so tired of this aloo every time it's either aloo matar or aloo gobhi"  She looked annoyed by the aloo matar in her lunchbox.

"You can have my lunch I brought white sauce pasta." I was craving it so I made it this morning for lunch.

"Why can't my mom be like yours?" Kriti whined as she looked at her lunch.

"My mom is not in the city right now I was the one who made this." I envy her lunch because I don't remember the last time Mumma gave me lunch. It's always just me cooking something for me or ordering something.

"Wow, you must be real good at cooking then it tastes like heaven." Why was she moaning while eating? "I will cry it tastes that good."

"Thank  you." Both of us were eating our lunch silently I don't like talking while eating it gives me the ick.

"Baby feed me" Here they go again.

 The couples of our school.

"So this is what you were talking about. Wait Deepak and Janvi are dating? I never knew about it." Her eyes were wide I mean the both of them dating is a shocking fact I can agree. Deepak is the head boy and Janvi is the head girl.

"They are kinda on and off one day they will sit on each other's laps and feed each other and the next day ready to murder each other. Kinda cute in my opinion." I told her.

"So like this is a couples spot?" Kriti really wants tea.

"Yes, I have lunch over here because all of these are too busy with themselves to notice me."

"Did you hear Isha mam is getting married to Rahul sir?" I didn't know about this.

And with that, she started telling me the whole story.

"Why do you not like Aryan by the way?" She asked me.

"I don't know he just gives me weird eyes all the time. We have been deskmates since 11th grade and bro he was always very hostile. I think he started to hate me more because of last year's dandiya night." 

"What happened during last year's dandiya night? I came with two girls from my class and bro instead of enjoying the night and dancing they spent 2 hours clicking pictures and by the time their photoshoot was done half the crowd was gone I almost cried" She ranted about her experience. At least she was lucky enough to have someone go with her I was wandering around like a ghost the whole time.

"Look I am not the type to eavesdrop in other's conversation but if they are talking right in front of me I can't play deaf right.  So he was flirting with this girl and then he was like can I have your number and she almost gave it to him until he asked her she was in which class, and she suddenly stopped smiling and said Sorry I don't give my number to students I mean I know I shouldn't have laughed but it was just funny."  I still laugh about it sometimes randomly.