Chapter 5: Silas's Theory

Later that day, once Liam had woken up from his trance with no memory of what happened past right before the glow appeared, he was sitting in the cafeteria with Yazmine, Raymond, Samuel, Silas, and Edward.

"How did you and Edward meet again?" Yazmine asked. Silas perked an eyebrow. "What?" Raymond rolled his eyes. "How did you meet Edward?" "Oh, we met during the summer before seventh grade." Silas answered. Yazmine smiled. "Right."

"You seem tired Liam." Samuel commented. Liam shrugged. "I was talking with Gabriel earlier, but I don't remember him leaving, but I felt really tired when he did, I still do." Liam explained. "Don't really know where it came from. It's just one of those things that appeared, but you don't really know how it happened, it just did. Ya know?" Silas nodded. "That's happened to me before." Raymond responded.

Silas scrunched his eyebrows. "It kinda sounds like Gabriel hypnotized you." He said, distantly. Liam snorted. "That's impossible." He protested. "Wouldn't I have remembered seeing something?" "Not always." Edward replied. "Sometimes people don't remember seeing anything and therefore don't believe they were hypnotized unless something has changed within them, making them act drastically different."

"That's nonsense." Samuel disagreed. Silas raised his hands up in defense, his fork held between his right hand pointer finger and his middle finger. "It's just a theory, jeez." "Can we talk about something else?" Liam asked. "I'm not very comfortable with people talking about something that concerns me that I don't even remember happening."

"Of course." Silas said, immediately. "I'm the same way, only more mild." "I don't think I knew that about you." Edward replied. Silas gave him the look. "You've known me since we were twelve." He responded. Edward chuckled before he whispered something into Silas's ear that made the other boy go red.

"You two definitely have some chemistry."  Raymond commented with Samuel nodding ethusiastically in agreement. Silas's face got redder while Edward only smirked. "That's how we roll I guess." He replied.

Liam let a small chuckle escape his lips despite himself at how Edward and Silas interacted. Edward was very flirtatious, and Silas seemed like he didn't notice or was too busy being embarrassed to care that much.

Kind of like what Gabriel did to him in middle school.

Memories flooded his brain of how inseperable him and Gabriel had been in middle school. Liam couldn't keep his head straight.

"Hey there cutie!" Liam turned and met the gaze of a ridiculously hot boy. "I'm Gabriel. What's your name?" He asked. Liam swallowed hard. "Liam."

***

"Your voice is lovely to listen to." Gabriel commented. Liam looked at the ground in embarrassment. "I don't know about that." He protested. Gabriel gently lifted his face. "You doubt yourself too much. Have some faith in yourself. Just a little bit of self-confidence can get you a long way." Liam smiled a little.

***

"Your hair is so soft." Gabriel commented. "I have dreds." Liam pointed out. Gabriel leaned close to his ear. "That makes it even better." He whispered, the soft voice sending warm shivers down his spine.

"Liam, you alright?" Liam snapped out of his thoughts and met Silas's confused gaze. "I'm fine." He replied. "Just taking a trip down memory lane." Silas chuckled a little. "I do that sometimes. Usually not in public though."

"Thinking about middle school again?" Asked a familiar voice. Liam tried to hide again. "I'm not here." He whispered. Gabriel chuckled and lifted his face up with one finger. "Don't lie to me Liam." He said. Liam swallowed hard.

"Are you thinking about middle school again?" Gabriel repeated. Liam sighed and wanted to disappear. "Yes." He admitted. "What of it?" Gabriel smirked. "I think you're longing to have that connection we had back then." He replied. "No comment." Liam responded.

"Bug off!" Edward hissed. Gabriel simply rolled his eyes. He leaned down to Liam's ear and whispered something that only he could hear. "You can have that connection back, but I would need a different form of trussst." Liam's eyes went wide at the strange hiss at the end.

Gabriel pulled away, smirking. "Just let me know when you're ready." He finished before walking off with two of his friends trailing after him.

Liam could feel the gazes of his friends on him. They wanted to know what he had been told. But something told him that he shouldn't explain. So he remained quiet, leaving the others to wonder about what, exactly, Gabriel had wanted from their friend.

-

I just wanted to say: Thank you for 200+ reads!