Chapter Three

(Michael Pov)

Are you fucking serious? We were so damn close to kissing and she decides to back away like nothing even happened!

_______________________________

"So, where are we going?" I asked as Rena and I got in my car.

"We could go to Porkett Polley's. They have fantastic burgers," Rena said as I pulled out of the complex.

"Sure, just give me directions and we'll be good," I shrugged.

°°°°°at Porkett Polley's °°°°°

"Dude, these sandwiches are amazing!" I said as I took a bite of my double cheeseburger with extra bacon.

"I know! So, Michael, let me ask you a few questions," Rena asked.

"Okay, what?" I said.

"How is Australia?" Rena asked.

"Its way better than here. Like, we have this awesome skate park and the people who own it throw these huge parties every Friday," I said.

"Oh, you skate?" Rena asked.

"Hell yeah! What do you do for fun down here?" I asked.

"Well, usually, I just sit home and read. Sometimes, I go to the mall with my cousins though," Rena said.

"Wow, that's sounds boring. I think we need to go out and have some fun," I said.

"What do you mean by that?" Rena asked.

"You know, find something fun to do," I suggested.

"Fine, we can find something fun to do a little--oh, shit," She paused.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Look by the vending machine. You see that girl over there with the blonde hair?" Rena asked as I turned around to look. There stood a tall, slim, blonde girl with white daisy dukes and a strapless blue shirt on, leaning against the vending machine as if she were a prostitute or something.

"Yeah, I see her. What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She wants to fight me for giving her the wrong answers on our last math test and making her fail. Michael, I'm not a fighter, I'm a reader," Rena said, her voice full of fear.

"Don't worry. I'm here for you," I said.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Of course," I said.

"Well, how can you have my back if you can't hit a girl or anything?" Rena asked.

"Don't worry about that," I assured her.

"Well, look who's here! You know, we're still gonna scrap, Rena," The blonde girl screamed as she stormed over to us.

"Hey, you should chill out. How about you go back to doing what you were doing and just let us go on about our day?" I calmy said as Rena sat in complete fear.

"And who might you be, you freak of nature?" The girl said as everyone in the restaurant looked over at us.

"You know what? You're right, I am a freak of nature, yep. But, I'm also that 'freak of nature' that's able to make every day of your life a living hell. I'll be that 'freak of nature' to make sure you'll never have happiness in your pitiful life. In other words, if you don't leave Rena alone, this 'freak of nature' with make sure you're miserable for the rest of your sorry days," I said with a dead serious face.