i. i definitely don't recommend military school

It was the Friday before winter break, and Angelina was pretty much ready to go home after school and sleep the weekend away

It was the Friday before winter break, and Angelina was pretty much ready to go home after school and sleep the weekend away. Her dad had promised to take her on vacation for Christmas, as they did annually, and that was all she had on her mind.

Imagine her surprise when she found Annabeth Chase at her door with a backpack over her shoulder. Thalia was leaning against the wall in the hallway, looking bored and picking at her nails.

"You ready to go or what?" Thalia asked, straightening up her leather jacket.

Angelina had no clue what they were talking about. "Wait what?"

That was all it took for the two girls to welcome themselves into her apartment, walking past her father, and heading into the hallway to her room. Within minutes Thalia had taken her backpack from the floor and dumped out its contents, while Annabeth went through a drawer and grabbed a couple of outfits.

"Let's go, Percy is picking us up. We'll explain on the way."

It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine. Sleet and snow pounded the highway, and all Angelina seemed to do the entire time was watch the lights pass in boredom. Percy was seated in the passenger seat, while the three girls were cramped in the back. Neither of them had seen each other in months, but it was probably one of the most awkward car rides of her life.

The only one talking was Ms Jackson, trying to make the eight hour drive go by as easy as she could make it. The four kids weren't helping her though, as it seemed to be either the nerves or the cold to have caused them all to clam up. By the time they all got to Westover Hall, it was getting dark, and the mother seemed to have told the three girls every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about Percy.

Although the brown eyed girl was nervous, the storytelling sure seemed to cheer her up. There wasn't a moment in time she didn't like to see an embarrassed Percy Jackson. It was just too entertaining. Especially the way he would attempt to cut in every now and then to try and stop a few specific stories.

Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Angelina pursed her lips while zipping up her coat. This will not be fun.

She peered at the school, squinting through the snow. No matter what anyone could say, this was not a normal school. Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff, which gave her the creeps, overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other. She did not have a good feeling about this, but decided to keep her mouth shut. Nothing good could come from saying those words out loud.