05

Isadora had done her best not to fall asleep, afraid of the dreams she would have as every night she would have nightmares. Even if it wasn't a nightmare, she would always wake up with tear stained cheeks after the dreams she had.

Her first night at Camp Half-Blood, she fell asleep much later than everyone else. She had remained outside at the dead campfire for hours, just sitting there.

She had hoped that after finding out the truth about her mom, she would feel different in a good way for once, complete. But instead she felt empty. She didn't understand why she felt so alone, even though she was surrounded by people like her. She knew they weren't like her in the way they thought they were.

Most of them had somewhat normal lives, maybe a good father, something close to a normal family. Isadora didn't have that.

Her father was the exact opposite of a good one. She never understood why, but he seemed to hate her. He would hurt her. When she finally fought back, he sent her away to the Wilderness School.

She was grateful for it. She didn't have to be abused every day like she had been for her entire life. And, there she met Leo and Piper.

She thought she had met Jason, but after she was thrown into the water it seemed clear that she didn't know who he was.

At first, Isadora was hard on everyone else, including Leo and Piper. It took her two months to even say she was their friend.

They didn't know about her father or what he had done to her, but when she started making small jokes about him every once in a while the picture would get clearer.

Leo would always make fun of Isa for how she had her black hair in braids every day, calling her Wednesday and tugging at them every chance he could. She would always respond with threats of cursing him. One time, she could have sworn that it had worked and he had actually been hurt from her words, but she just told herself it was a coincidence.

Leo was Isadora's best friend, though she had fuzzy memories of him saying Jason was his best friend. Even though the memories were fake, she still thought she wasn't his best friend.

Their relationship had been strained for a short moment after they shared a kiss one night in her dorm, but the phase was short lived and they quickly returned back to normal and it was never mentioned again.

Piper and Isa both had memories of being close together, while Leo and Jason were off being boys and doing whatever, but they couldn't determine if it had been real or not.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˊˎ˗

Luckily for Isa, other kids in cabin sixteen were eager to help her get dressed for the quest.

Isadora was dressed in black jeans, her pair of old black converse since it was the only pair she had, a white tank top with a black star in the centre at her chest, not caring that it didn't have any sleeves, and a large black zip up hoodie, that was so warm it was insane, she was definitely going to keep it.

Her inky black hair had been straightened and was in her usual two braids, curtain bangs left out, with silver star hairclips decorating what she usually found boring.

She was outside, kicking around a rock from place to place when Piper's voice distracted her.

"Leo?" Piper yelled, making Isa run over to her.

Sure enough, there he was, sitting atop a giant bronze death machine and grinning like a lunatic. Even before he landed, the camp alarm went up. A conch horn blew. All the satyrs started screaming, "Don't kill me!" Half the camp ran outside in a mixture of pajamas and armor.