CHAPTER 12: PAKISTAN

Do vote and comments 💌

--------------------------------------------------------------

The peaceful sound of the Fajr Azaan drifted through Amina’s open window, gently pulling her out of her slumber. She stirred, softly reciting the morning dua, “Alhamdulillah,” and slowly got up, stretching her arms. After quietly saying, “Bismillah,” she made her way to the bathroom to freshen up for prayer. The warmth of the water cascaded down her, making her feel alert as she took a shower, followed by ablution. Feeling spiritually prepared, she spread her prayer mat, facing the Qibla, and stood with her hands raised in Takbir.

As she prayed, the tranquility of the early morning surrounded her, the serenity of Fajr enveloping her in calmness. She took her time, feeling each verse of the prayer resonate deeply in her heart. When she finished her Salah, she reached for her Qur’an, carefully opening it to Surah Yasin. The rhythmic recitation of the verses filled her room.

Surah Yasin, often called the "heart of the Qur’an," teaches the importance of faith and the power of Allah’s creation. As she read, Amina felt the weight of the lessons: the certainty of resurrection, the consequences of ignoring divine guidance, and the mercy of Allah. Every word reminded her of life’s purpose and the importance of trusting in Allah’s plan.

Once she finished reciting, Amina closed the Qur’an, whispering a quiet prayer. She smiled, feeling content. “Kitna sukoon milta hai subah ki ibadat se,” she thought to herself as she headed to the kitchen. It was time for a special breakfast — meetha pratha. Her grandmother used to make it for her when she was younger, just before school. With a little nostalgia and a bit of determination, she whipped up the sweet flatbread, this time with no kitchen disaster.

Sitting down at the table, she quietly said, “Bismillah,” and enjoyed her breakfast in the silence of the early morning. After finishing, she quickly washed her dishes, feeling accomplished that she had no mess to clean up. Glancing at the clock, she grinned, thinking, Today, I’m on time for sure!

Dressed in a white satin abaya and her white hijab, she admired how the simplicity of her outfit felt perfect for the day ahead. She gathered her sketchbook, essential items for the university, and her bag. “Bas assignments jaldi khatam karne hain, phir Pakistan ka safar,” she reminded herself, excited about her upcoming trip.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Hassan was also waking up for Fajr. After finishing his prayers, he felt it was his elder-brother duty to check on his sibling. Grumbling, he knocked softly on Mahira’s door, “Mahira, uth jao, warna late ho jaogi!” His voice carried a grumpy edge, as usual, despite his attempts to be patient.

Once satisfied she was waking up, Hassan got ready for the university, gathering his lecture notes and preparing breakfast for Mahira. He left a sticky note on the dining table that read, “Do eat it,” before heading out in his grey Porsche.