𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 || 𝐀 𝐃𝐮𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

"𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫."

──────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡
𝟕:𝟒𝟓 𝐩𝐦
𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨, 𝐅𝐋

Leaning against his desk with his arms folded, Duke drowned out the chatter that his friends were making around him. The only thing on his mind was what he saw at that restaurant earlier.

The way that man looked at her. The way he touched so openly, like it comforting for him to do. It pissed him off every time he thought about it.

He couldn't help but to, even if it was selfish.

He knew in the back of his mind that he wasn't right for her, that's why he was so hesitant on pursuing her.

It was a confusing thing for him, he was used to having a solution for every situation he found himself in but when it came to her, he never knew if he should listen to his heart or head.

No matter how badly he tried to move on from her her memory never faded from his mind.

And even though they love was a short story, it felt like the best he ever had. Having someone who genuine loves you for you felt so rare to him.

She was even there for him when he let everything go and cried in front of her. And he promised to never do that again so it had to be her.

But the same question remained in his mind. "Do I even deserve her."

"So, have you asked B yet?" Rocky asked bringing Duke back into the conversation.

"No, not yet." He shook his head before unfolding his hands and resting them on the dark wooden desk.

"But as soon as she move on, you're gonna be mad tryna kill him." Leo smacked his lips while Duke waved him off as always.

"If she move on I wouldn't kill him." He frowned as he moved his eyes to the floor, having to really think about it.

Leo shook his head with a smile on his face. "You lying, and you know you lying."

Duke smirk. "Naw, if she don't wanna be with me I ain't go force her, at the end of the day I want my baby happy."

Leo poked his lip up. "Now here you go being tender n shi." Everybody let out a few chuckles before carrying on with the next conversation.

Orlando glances over at Duke. "If she moves on you really wouldn't kill him."

Finally taking his eyes off the floor, he looked over at Orlando. "Y'all do know I'm not unhinged right? I have some sense still left in me."

Orlando laughed at his words. "You're right, you probably wouldn't kill him but you're a powerful man Duke." Orlando sighs. "If you wanted to you'd just make his life miserable."