Their Dance

(Bunnymund's POV)

The afternoon was unusually chaotic. The breezes were just annoying touches that sometimes tickled my whiskers. The butterflies flew around me, trying to get me up! The eggs were trying to lead me to make more chocolate! The giant eggs stared at me with frowns!

"Listen! Easter is over! There is nothing left to do!"

The eggs all turned to each other then to me. They started rolling on the floor.

"Alright, look, our jobs are done, and we have nothing to do for the next few months." I looked out at them. "That does seem rather boring, doesn't it?"

The eggs stood still facing  me. I glanced at all of them.

"We should find something to do."

They all took a uniformed step towards me.

"Okay, I'll get (_your name_)! Just wait until the evening."

They began jumping. I smiled as I sat down and they continued to jump.

(Reader's POV)

I was sitting on my bed, staring at my door waiting for Bunny to come in. I expected him to shyly poke his head in and say something sweet and then walk in with flowers and a box of his finest chocolates. I shook my head.

That's stupid! That's so not Bunnymund. He would never do that.

I stared at the door again and expected him to burst the door open, say something confident, wink, and then hop over to kiss me. I shook my head again.

That's closer, but Bunny can be sweeter.

Then I heard a thud. I sat up, and something wrapped around my waist from behind me.

"Come on, Darlin, I'm not that predictable," he whispered. "I'm skillful and artistic." He kissed my cheek.

I laughed lightly as he patted my head. "I was just daydreaming."

He moved in front of me, never letting his arms move from my waist. "Daydreaming? Why would you do that when you have me?" He grinned. "Or is it that Sandy isn't giving you dreams of me as you sleep?"

 I kissed his cheek. "You're so full of yourself. I wonder if I'm in there at all."

He grinned. "Darlin," he tapped his foot twice, "if you weren't I wouldn't  have thought about you all day." He held his arms out.

I jumped into his embrace, and we hopped into the tunnel. The warren had a nightly tint it. "Why is the sun gone?"

"It's only temporarly. I used to use magic, ya know." He smiled, slightly standing up straighter.

The eggs rushed towards us. They began jumping.

"Calm down! She's here now. Stop your scrambling." He laughed lightly.

I petted some of them and smiles were appearing from the giant eggs. A slight breeze blew, bringing the soft smell of the cherry blossoms and paint.

Bunny smiled at me and took my hand. "Come on, Darlin. This beautiful scene won't last long."

We walked to a small hill and moonlight beamed in. The blossoms began to glow a soft blue-pink hue. Bunny sat down and gestured for me to sit next to him.

He wrapped an arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder. He yawned as he slowly laid us down. He put his paw in the air and moved it around in circles. We could see the stars more vividly.

"Is this part of your magic?"

He looked at me. "You didn't know I used to practice magic? Well now, you do." He laughed. "You know I talk an awful lot about myself. We should talk about you." He twitched his nose against my cheek.

"Well, I... I like stories."

"Stories? What kind of stories?" He kissed my cheeks. "Don't mind me." He grinned.

I kissed him. "I like many different kinds of stories. There are legend, myths, and fantasies that make my heart beat faster. Adventures filled with things difficult to find."

He laid on his side. "Like my warren?"

"Yes. They make my lives interesting. They make it seem more magical."

"So what do I do for you?"

"You're the magic itself."

He smiled and rolled onto me. I rolled onto him and we kept rolling on each other until we rolled down the small hill. He pushed my hair back and gave me nose kisses. He laughed as he got up and walked over to a bush. He picked a flower and placed it in my hair. "Have I mentioned you look beautiful?" Our eyes met.

"I... think so." I tried to remember.

"Now you know so." He kissed me. "Always remember that you are."

"You're such a sweet bunny." I lightly tapped his nose.

It twitched and he laughed. He scratched the back of his head. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "And I can only get sweeter." He placed a small chocolate bunny in my hand.

I laughed. The flowers began to glow random colors at random times. Bunny took my hand and we ran to where the flowers were glowing. When we reached the center of the flowers he slowly twirled me around in a circle and held me tightly. Our eyes met for a while. Then, he kissed my forehead, picked me up and spun us around. It was like he was my gravity, and I was his sky. We softly landed in the flower bed behind him. Petals flew up and covered us with the smell of spring. 

I took off the flower petals from his eyes. He smiled, and I kissed him. He kissed me back, and I would kiss him back. I scratched behind his ear, and he thumped his foot.

I laughed. "Thumper!"

"What?" He titled his head.

"Uh... another bunny I know would Thump his foot and his name was thumper."

"But I'm a better thumper right?"

I nodded. "Of course." I kissed him.

He pulled me tightly onto him. I yawned as he got closer to me.

He smiled. "Looks like it's time to take you home." He picked me up and started walking to the tunnel. "Sweet dreams, Darlin."

"Wait," I said reaching to touch his face and then rubbing my eye. "Can I practice with your boomerangs?"

His eyes widened, but then he slowly smiled. "Yes you can." He kissed my forehead. "But for now, sweet dreams. You have school in a few hours I think."