Chapter 19

Skath prepared to fight, gripping the sword with both hands. The blade was his link to the past, the symbol of his true heritage. "I don't fear you, Malakar!" he retorted, channeling his energy through the sword, causing the blade to glow brightly.

With a fluid movement, Skath lunged toward Malakar, sword forward. Each strike was charged with energy, reflecting the determination and courage building inside him. Shadows danced around, responding to his will, and Skath felt increasingly powerful.

Malakar unleashed an attack, his jaws wide open, but Skath dodged with agility, parrying the blow and countering with a precise thrust. "You'll have to do better than that, dragon!" he exclaimed.

Their blades clashed with a thunderous clang, and sparks filled the air. Skath realized he had to use every resource available. With a decisive move, he summoned the dark energy of the shadows, using it to amplify his attack. The sword gleamed with an enveloping light, and the shadows gathered around him, ready to strike.

"You cannot escape my power!" roared Malakar, launching a furious attack. But Skath was prepared. With an agile leap, he broke free from the dragon's grasp and struck, the sword slicing through the air like lightning.

Malakar staggered back, struck by Skath's power. The young warrior felt his blood boiling, adrenaline coursing through his veins. This was his chance, the moment to prove who he truly was.

With a shout, Skath unleashed a final attack, channeling all his energy into the blade. The sword, fueled by his determination, blazed with blinding light. "For Lyra, for my family, and for my true nature!" he cried.

The blow struck Malakar, and an explosion of energy filled the air. The dragon, wounded, retreated, growling and struggling to maintain control. Skath, now strong and determined, knew that the battle was only just beginning, but his confidence had been renewed.

Breathing heavily, Skath turned toward Jonah, ready to face his greatest enemy. The true test of his strength was only just starting, and the power of the masks was about to be revealed in ways no one could have foreseen.

The moonlight illuminated the battlefield, reflecting Skath's determination as he turned toward Jonah. The tension in the air was palpable, and Jonah's mocking smile widened.

"Well done, Skath!" Jonah exclaimed, clapping sarcastically. "But don't think this is enough. The real battle has yet to begin!"

Skath tightened his grip on the sword, the metal hot against his palm. "What are you planning?" he asked, trying to stay calm despite the anxiety building in his stomach.

Jonah turned toward the hills, his words dripping with malice. "I will gather all the masks and harness their power to awaken the darkness of the sacred tree! Forces you can only dream of will join me, and you will be nothing but a shadow in my path."

"I won't let that happen!" Skath shouted, advancing toward him. With a swift motion, Jonah revealed the serpent mask, the symbol of his manipulation. The mask glowed with a sinister aura, sending chills down Skath's spine.

"I've been waiting for you, Skath," Jonah said, his voice a whispering taunt. "Prepare to discover what it means to be controlled by a mask."

At that moment, Malakar regrouped, returning to his attacking position. Skath realized he wouldn't only be fighting Jonah but would also have to face the dark dragon once more. The forces of the masks were gathering around them, ready to intervene.

Skath summoned the energy of the shadows and prepared himself. "I'm not here to be controlled! I will fight for my freedom and for those I love!"

With a sharp swing of the sword, energy concentrated in the blade, and a shockwave rippled through the air. The shadows moved, responding to his command. "You're not the only one who can control the shadows, Jonah!"