Chapter Thirty-five: Mirabel's new family

Mirabel's hospital room bustled with activity as nurses prepared her discharge. Ethan, Emily, and Liam waited anxiously.

"All set, Mirabel! You're free to go." The nurse said beaming with smiles from ear to ear.

Ethan beamed. "Today's the day, Belle! You're coming home."

Mirabel smiled, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. "Home".

As they guide Mirabel out, Emily and Liam chatted excitedly.

"Mirabel is back to town," Emily hinted.

Liam grinned. "Iaia oo."

At the hospital entrance, Mr George, Ethan's father, awaited.

"Welcome back to the outside world, Mirabel," he said warmly.

Mirabel's eyes welled up. "Thank you, Commissioner."

Ethan assisted Mirabel into the car, buckling her in. The drive was short. They arrived at Ethan's house, where a beautiful surprise awaited. As they pulled up to Ethan's house, Mirabel noticed balloons and streamers decorating the porch.

"What's going on?" Mirabel asked, curiosity piqued.

Ethan chuckled. "Just a little welcome-home party."

The door swung open, revealing a warm, inviting space filled with friends and family.

"Surprise!" they shouted in unison.

Mirabel's eyes widened as she took in the scene:

A "Welcome Home, Mirabel" banner hung above the doorway.
A beautifully decorated cake sat on the dining table.
Gifts and flowers filled the living room. She doesn't even know any one of them except for Ethan's father, His sister, Emily, Liam and Ethan.

Tears of joy streaming down her face, Mirabel whispered, "This is too much."

Commissioner Thompson approached, a warm smile on his face.

"Welcome to our family, Mirabel. You deserve all the love."

Emily and Liam hugged her tightly.

"We're so glad you're home," Emily said.

Liam grinned. "You're loved, Mirabel."

Ethan wrapped his arms around Mirabel. "You're safe now, Belle. Forever."

As the party continued, Mirabel felt overwhelmed with love and gratitude. Ethan's hand never left hers, a constant reminder of his support.

Commissioner Thompson presented Mirabel with a customized plaque. "Officially welcoming you to our family," he said, his eyes shining.

Mirabel's voice trembled. "Thank you...for accepting me."

Julianne, Ethan's elder sister hugged her tightly.

"I love you, baby sis," Julianne whispered.

Ethan grinned. "You're stuck with us now."

As the evening drew to a close, Ethan led Mirabel to the backyard. A stunning fireworks display illuminated the night sky.

Mirabel gasped. "Ethan, it's beautiful!"

Ethan wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. "Just like you, Belle," he whispered.

The fireworks' vibrant colors reflected in Mirabel's eyes as Ethan's gaze locked onto hers. Their lips inches apart, the tension between them palpable.

"Mirabel," Ethan breathed, his voice barely audible over the fireworks.

"Yes?" Mirabel replied, her voice trembling.

Ethan's eyes burned with desire. "I want to try again. Our second chance."

Mirabel nodded

Their lips met in a tender, passionate kiss. The world around them melted away.

As the fireworks reached their grand finale, Ethan deepened the kiss. Mirabel's arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer.

The night sky erupted in a kaleidoscope of colors, mirroring the love exploding between them. Their second chance had begun.