Guilt

KAIZ POV:

"You had One Job ONE FUCKING JOB  Kaiz, and this is not even close to what I expected. How am I going to present this to my superiors? Is this all a joke to you?" The next thing that hit me after guilt was my rejected project papers. I was devastated, and mentally disturbed by so many things. The only person I was talking to was my miserable side. Words echo around the room its filled with so many noises which are not mine. I see someone keeping a mocktail on the bar table I don't remember how I reached there. Why am I sitting in a bar? How did I get there? 

In the blink of an eye,  I am now on the terrace trying to balance myself and I almost hold my body when I feel a slight push on my back and now I am falling. Slow and silently wishing no one save me. 

I am in that phase of life where I can't sleep at night even though I am exhausted. I don't want to go out, but I still force myself to go out for the sake of my friends. If something goes wrong, it is automatically my fault.  I have developed this feeling of frustration for myself where everything I do is my fault. Every little thing I do becomes imperfect. My thoughts are all scattered I want to end it all. But I see her, I want to meet her. I want her to forgive me. I have to find her I can't die. With that, I hit my head hard on the ground. I see people surround me and my memory becomes fuzzy.

I don't feel my head, my left arm, and both my legs. Something is hurting but I don't know what. I try to open my eyes slightly and the first thing I see is HER. Crying I can't hear what she is saying but she is very tense there is this furrow in her eyebrows and her ears are slightly bent something which always happened to her when she was stressed. Samaira, the girl who shared my firsts, the girl who I am still madly in love with. The girl who I would kill to hug Again. My vision starts to blur and my mind shuts down.

SAMAIRA POV:

" PAGE DOCTOR ANDREWS AND DOCTOR MASON I NEED 'EM IN THE OR RIGHT NOW," I instruct Nurse Maya.

After seeing him my mind couldn't help but ask so many questions after curiosity. I want to forget him. The last person I expected to see was him. Why was he here? Why would he do all of this? And the ultimate question was WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE IN MELBOURNE, SHOULDN'T HE BE IN THE STATES? I tried to recover from all the thoughts that crossed my mind because first, he was my patient then my Ex-boyfriend.

I scrub in and try to remove every single blood clot formed. 

"forceps. Tray."

"Take an X-ray and do a CT Scan after the surgery to see if something else is broken other than arms and legs" I hear Doctor Mason instruct the head nurse while I am busy doing the sutures.  

8 hours in the OR and I was finally done.

Partially glad that I could save him and partially guilty because I wasn't there for him and could've saved him if I had known the reason at all. I walked myself to the reception if there was anyone who was there to take charge of him.

"I contacted the police but there is no missing complaint nor did anyone come here to be his friend or family" There was a disappointment in Jules's voice.

"Such a waste of a pretty face," she said. I didn't pay attention to it but then she inquired. 

" I heard that u found alcohol in his bloodstream, Do u possibly think someone would try to murder him???"

A shudder ran across my spine. Who would try to do this to him? I am completely in shock, I don't know why I am doing this but I take the form fill in his details, and pay all his bills. I don't know why I did this Jules tries to question me but I am too quick to leave. I reach the OR and stop right before his bed hearing the machines beep around him. He lay there lifeless. I take the chair sit beside him take his right hand which was not hurt in mine and silently pray for healing.

Something feels different. I should be full of fury and hatred. Why am I doing this? Is this out of sympathy? I try to convince myself that it's all just in my head and I should move on. I leave him there and head to the staff lounge.

"Doctor Mason. Please take the lead on the suicide patient who came today and I want u to keep my name confidential. Ask everyone to not reveal my name to him Am I clear? I demand coldly

"As u say doc" 

"I am leaving today ring me if something is extremely out of your hands." I slightly smile and walk to my Tesla. Reach my penthouse and take a long, warm shower and I try to recollect my thoughts. I fall on my cozy bed which I haven't seen in ages. I am about to fall into deep slumber when my phone rings, I see Dr.Mason and pick up the call right away. He sounds a bit tense.

"It's the ICU suicide attempt patient" He sounds as if he is running.

" He is crashing doctor, I don't think I can save him." 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Please vote, comment, and follow. Let me know how u liked this chapter. I know this chapter is too much of plot twists but the next chapter is opening up all the reasons. Stay tuned.