Chapter Eleven

The first day of a two week break, I tried calling Gabe, but he didn't pick up. That didn't bother me, he was probably asleep.

I was singing to One Direction, when my mum came down. It was a Saturday and she was still in her pyjamas. She grinned at me. "You're awfully chipper today."

"It's the start of a two week break," I said grinning, "Who wouldn't be chipper?"

"I wouldn't, I'll have two devilish teen's in my abode," Mum said smiling.

I laughed, the promise of spending two weeks with Gabe filled me with joy.

Mum offered me a lift to Cole's place after breakfast and I took it up. She dropped me at the door, and drove off as I rang the bell. Rochelle's the one who opened it. She looked surprised to see me. She was dressed in a dark blouse with a collar and long ripped skinny jeans. "I didn't expect you here," She said, then smiled.

"I wanted to hang out with Cole." I was still grinning, that stupid delirious grin.

Her next words sufficiently faded off my grin, "Didn't he tell you? He left to Italy last night for a race with my dad."

I was a little surprised he hasn't mentioned it but I suppose he'll be back on Sunday, "It's okay, I'll come around tomorrow or Monday if he isn't jetlagged."

"Um," Rochelle looked uncomfortable, a rare sight for the confident girl, "Cole isn't coming back for six months."

My heart dropped.

This wasn't something anyone shouldn't say. Six months is a long time. I felt hurt that he hasn't even said it. Rochelle continued on like it'll comfort me, "He's been offered a training workshop for four months and one month for race prep before his actual race, this race could make his career if he won, so I suppose he couldn't throw that opportunity away."

"And after that he'll travel more doing races?" I added in.

Rochelle nodded.

"When did this happen?"

"He got an offer letter two months back and a month ago, he said yes."

A month ago, that was before our examination. When we were studying together. I felt my eyes getting watery I looked down. "Right, Thanks Rochelle?"

"Do you want a drink or something?"

"It's fine."

I walked to the corner of the block before I started crying. It was strange how a few words can change what once was a promising morning into one of sadness. I didn't go home. I went walking around, wandering, lost.

Gabe did this. He probably thought I'd be happy. I wasn't. I wanted him here. I remember telling him I couldn't distinguish Cole and him, I remember that day he came over drenched in rain and after showering kissed me. I remember pushing him away. I remember feeling like I'd betrayed Cole.

Did he think I was tormented being with him when he's all I think of?

Time passed by quickly as I cried knowing that he doesn't know how he, Gabe, made me feel. How I actually treasured that kiss on the last day of school. I wondered if he'll even think about me when he's training. I wonder if he'll flirt with Italian girls. I wonder if he'll forget me.

The words I hadn't said haunted me, could I have prevented it had I said them? I kept myself hidden from him for a long time, after I realised someone else was in Cole's body I wasn't the same but I had fallen in love again. Even if it's not Cole. I had fallen for Gabe. I hadn't said it. Now he's gone.

Rochelle had sugar coated it for me but I understood it anyway.

Cole may never come back.

The days flew by quickly. I stayed at home, Drake came over only to drag me out. I had a strong inclination he only did that because of my mother. My mother was just as bad, she'd take me out shopping for new clothes or for ice cream. I watched the telly for the most part when I'm at home or read horror stories that left me wide awake at night.

I hated horror.

I caught sight of Cole through the telly a day before school starts. I felt like I saw a ghost. His hair is still long but he had cut it shorter, his green eyes were looking straight at the camera before they turned to look at the eager female reporter. Enviously, I noticed she was pretty and quite close to his height. She must have asked him how he felt, but I'm not sure. I'm hypnotised by the way he looks.

Then his voice cut as sharp as a knife through me, "I'm excited," Gabe says grinning, "The boys are fun talented and fast and my coach, well she's one of hell of a person. I've never been this happy." The scene cut and I wondered if he even thought of me. He didn't respond to my whatsapp messages so I took to emailing him.

I'd continue with whatsapp but there wasn't blue ticks, I figured he had cancelled his phone number. Days flew by. I lost myself in school work. Gabe had gotten third placing in the year, I'm first. People came up telling me they missed Cole and some came up telling me they've seen him on telly.

Bella Swan was the first to ask me if we were still together. She was also the first to point out I was losing weight.

As for her first question. I wondered if we still were. I didn't answer it, but responded with a snarky comment to her. As for losing weight. I couldn't deny it that my clothes have gotten bigger and I wasn't very happy. Throwing myself in my studies helped ease some of my pain. I found myself excelling in midterms beating my rival by a landslide. After all there wasn't much else to my life. I'd devoted it to Cole then Gabe. I'd never needed friends before and now Cole left, no one tried to be my friend.

Eventually I began to feel normal, more used to the constant pain I felt.

The pain dulled eventually, a year passed Gabe travelling everywhere, he soon dominated news stations as a world class runner and he'd be running for the Olympics when he was of age. Everyone knew him in our town. He became a legend.

His mum and sister came by for dinner and spoke freely about him once a fortnight. That was the only place I received my updates on his health and well being.

AN.

In case you haven't heard Amnesia is in the Wattys!

Please Vote, comment, share and follow! You're support is amazing.

Really missing your feedback, what do you think of Gabe?

*IMPORTANT*

Also, If you're going to miss the cast, Don't worry Cassian (Cole's cousin) Story will be out, someday (follow me so you'll get the updates when it's uploaded) and Jennifer's cousin is none other than Duke Adel in Prom Queen.