Field Trip

"Peter! Has anyone seen Peter? I don't wanna be any more late than we already are!" The instructor exclaimed as he stood at the door to the school bus

"How about we just leave him, he can walk there. We've been waiting for ten minutes, let's go!" A male voice shouted.

"Is that him?" A different voice asked.

Those inside the bus who were curious looked, and saw Peter Parker himself sprinting towards the bus.

"Yep, that's him." A female said.

"H-ey. I I made it. Sorry I'm late." Peter said, breathing in between each word due to exhaustion.

"You're late. Is this gonna happen every time there's a field trip Parker?" The instructor asked.

"N-no I'll try to be on time more. Promise." Peter smiled.

"Alright.. get in." They said and Peter didn't wait.

Peter hopped into the bus and past the driver who closed the door once the instructor followed behind.

Peter walked past the aisle of students who periodically stared at him.

Each seat was taken, even the seat Peter's friend, Ned was saving for Peter but was taken by a girl named MJ.

Ted gave a look 'Sorry man..' and gestured towards the back.

Peter was slightly disappointed but continued towards the back of the bus where his other friend was sitting alone.

"You're late." I said.

"Did you miss me?" Peter said with pouty lips.

"You wish." I said in return as Peter got comfortable beside me.

We sat shoulder to shoulder, sharing a phone as we watched Jurassic World. Using my phone and joint Bluetooth headphones.

The bus ride was long as most of the students were asleep on the slow bus ride through the freeway.

I flinch cause of a sudden jump scare during the movie.

Peter laughed slightly and suddenly placing his hand over my thigh.

I acknowledge his hand and quickly place my hand over his leg. Causing him to squirm slightly but not move my hand. Continuing to focus on the movie and lean slightly into Peter's shoulder.

~><~

"Hey, we're here."

"Everyone off the bus!"

"Santi, get up." Peter persisted, grabbing my face and pinching my cheeks lightly.

I grab his hand, putting it down as I sat upright. Stretching my back and rubbing my face clear of my tired look.