Calling my Lunartics

Okay, y'all, so I guess I like Cresswell but after rereading there are a few things bout this ship that bothered me. Which leads me to the question this rant is ultimately asking—why do you guys love it so much? No disrespect, I just wanted y'all's opinions on this and to see if I'm looking at it through the wrong perspective ❤️ don't come at me please, this is just a respectful debate and I needed to get this off my chest. It's open for discussion and debate, I'd love to hear your opinions

Now let's dive into one of my #shiprants and see what I find weird about Cresswell:

let's take a look at the other ships: Cinder, Scarlet and even Winter give off that 'I don't fall in love easily' vibe (Scarlet and Winter are also the kind many men find attractive) and we can see how their partners (Kai, Wolf, and Jacin respectively) complement them and why they fell for each other. But Cresswell? All we know is that Cress read some half-truths about Thorne's past and then fell for him, and we don't even know if she's serious or she's just desperate for romance. It's clear in Cress that she's a hopeless romantic, the kind who would fall for any guy she knew for three minutes.

Thorne doesn't show much romantic interest in her till the next book, yes there are moments in Cress but to me it's mostly just Thorne shaking his head and chuckling at how cute Cress is.

Don't get me wrong—I love Thorne, and Cress too, but Cress isn't very strong and she probably needs support on the fact that no other girl means anything to him. Instead, he blatantly flirts with EVERY FEMALE HE INTERACTS WITH FOR TWO SECONDS. This doesn't give Cress much confidence, and I know a few of you are gonna argue that Thorne assumed that Cress was over him, but if he thought that there were no hard feelings, then why didn't he jokingly flirt with her too?? and if he knew that there were hard feelings, then why did he flirt with others sm?? in front of her??

If you've read Wires & Nerve, you'll see that there *is* Cresswell. We get a lot of moments in Volume 1 but I was not really fangirling too hard over any of them.

Another comparison with the other three ships: the others really had to fight to be together, and we saw them doing, well, basically everything for each other. But Cresswell has no struggle and the change in Thorne's feelings towards Cress in Winter is kind of sudden. Yes, I know Cress and Thorne were only introduced to each other in Cress, but it still feels kinda rushed. As someone who has a thing for slow burn, this kinda bothered me.

Another thing: Cress had fallen in love with someone she created, not someone she knew. Ik this just might be the 'falls in love with the fake version of a person then sees the real one and falls in love harder' trope, but I still find it illogical and frankly, quite infuriating.

Idm the age difference too much, but it still needs to be addressed. Thorne is four years older than Cress and while you might say that it won't matter once Cress is an adult, the Cresswell kisses are a bit too passionate for Cress's age. I'm nowhere near 16 myself so maybe you shouldn't ask me, but this relationship might end up being sexual while Cress is still a minor and inexperienced.

You might go, "But the others have an age gap, too!" That is true, I won't deny it. But the gap between Kaider and Jacinter is not as severe and both girls have more experience with people. Wolflet are both consenting adults.

I don't mind age gaps too much, I think some of them are overhyped just to find fault with the author or creator, but a lot of people are discussing this so thought it was fair to bring it up.

You're still here?? Congrats, you made it to the end of my long rant!! Lmao, this turned into a full analysis-

anyways—Cresswell has some positives too. I don't hate the ship but it's not my fav either. But always remember that you are entitled to your own opinion and this is just my rambling explanation—open for debate, remember ❤️

(Might just analyse the positives of my otps/negatives of ships I don't like after this lol)