Azhageee!!

“Neengala? Inga enna panreenga?”,Kaveri sniffled at him, wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand.

Vijay gave her a death stare. “Na enna panrennu irkattum. Nee enna panra Inga? Ipdi nadu road la azhuduttu nikra? Modalla vandu car la eru.”

“Huh? Enna?”,Kaveri had a hard time focusing on him.

Vijay understood her state and he gently held her hands, pulling her to the car. He helped her get in and she meekly followed his lead, still crying. Vijay sat on the driver's seat, facing her, and his heart twinged at the sight of her so broken and helpless.

“Kaveri…enna paaren…please Inga paaru da”

Kaveri slowly raised her puffed up eyes to meet his, the sight of his concerned face evoking a fresh bout of tears from her. Vijay gulped down his instinct to instantly pull her into his arms and wipe away her tears with kisses. 

“Kaveri…enda? En ipdi azhara? Please… venam di…ennala paaka mudila..”

“Nar…narmadha..Ava.. hospital la…”, kaveri blubbered.

“Cheri…Cheri…it's ok. Un thangachiku onnum aagadu…Relax..”

“Illa…Ava…Anga…ganga akka koopta.. Narmadha ku moochu pogama odane operate panna sollitanglam…ennala onnume panna mudilaye…Ava paavam…chinna kozhandanga…”

Vijay’s eyes misted over seeing her clutching her heart and weeping. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder, silently reassuring her.

“Okay…ok. She'll be fine..nee vena paaren. Ava kandipa sari aiduva.”

“Illa..engalala ipovara panam arrange panna mudila…kadaisila ipdi oru nilamaiku vandu nikkrome…kutty ku operation panradha kooda engalala panna mudiyala. Appa..appa mattum irundha ipdi engala vitrukave maataru…ipo na enna panradhunu onnume puriyala…”

“Kaveri…athellam nee onnum worry pannadha…un sister ku kandipa already operation ku ella arrangements pannirpanga…na vena unna Anga kootitu pogava?”

Kaveri looked at him disbelievingly, “Enna solreenga?”

“Nee first un kanna thodachuko… solrenla…calm down. Ipo narmadha epdi irkaanu first nee yaarukachum call Pannu..illa illa…wait…nane panren..”

Vijay called kumaran on his phone and made kaveri speak to him. Her eyes got rounder and rounder as she spoke with her Kumaran mama. She finally gave the phone back to Vijay, her face confused. 

“Enna solraru unga mama? All ok thane?”, Vijay mildly probed her, unsure of her reaction as kaveri had gone extremely quiet, fidgeting with her fingers and staring at her lap. She raised her face at his question and gave him a blank stare.

“Ennachu?”, Vijay asked her unnerved.

Kaveri shook her head, lightly tearing up. “Neenga…neenga thane? Ithellam…neenga.. Narmadha already surgery ku kootitu poitangalam. Head surgeon…apram vera heart specialist lam kooda vandangannu mama solraru…avalukku ini oru problem illa..kandippa surgery mudinju seri aiduvannu sollitangalam…avarukum idhukellam neengathan reason nu doubt irku..ithellam neengathane arrange panneenga?”, she asked him, her voice timid and trembling with repressed emotions.

Vijay widened his eyes and made an innocent face, “Enna solra nee? Naa..ivlo neram unnathan theditu irunden kaveri. I am just as surprised as you are.”

“Poi solladeenga please. Neengathaanu enakku theryum.”

“What? Athu…athepdi ivlo sure a solra?”

“Neengathane soneenga?”

“Naana? Na epodi sonnen?”

“Ipotha…narmadha va already operation panna kootitu poirpangannu neenga tha avlo confident a sonneengale…athilaye theriyala..”