#16 Her Reflection

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

Namjoon POV

Staring out the dark tinted glass, I watch the world pass by me. I look past the outstretched buildings at the sky above, the sunset looks dark and murky from this car window.

"You have about a one-hour slot at the studio, but immediately after we need to get you in hair and makeup, so you're carpet ready before 10." My assistant speaks while the driver makes a left turn.

"Understood." I adjust my posture and sit up straight, away from the depressing view.

Pulling out my phone, I reread my unanswered  messages.

Me:
Let me know how it goes. - 4:02pm
Did you guys finish yet? - 7:18pm seen

I back track to another contact I attempted to reach. Unlike Felix's, these were not even seen.

Me:
Try not to be difficult, she's just doing her job. - 4:00pm sent
How did it go? - 7:20pm

It crosses my mind that maybe I should text Y/N instead of Agust, but Jackson gave me her number only for emergencies. It's best not to cause issues right now, I have too much on my plate. I close the messaging app and tap on a different icon.

Last movement detected - 4 hours ago.

I rub my forehead with stress and frustration. I begin to realize it's not simply because I haven't received a reply yet, it's the feeling caused by it. The fact that I am getting so worked up not knowing, it's not like me to have these emotions. Felix has always answered my texts, he's always on the damn phone, it just doesn't make sense. I expected this from Agust, but no matter how many times Jackson and I explained the game plan to him, there is a chance he could have just declined her as soon as she got there.

But she's not at the apartment.

He's unpredictable, a wild card, no manners and a complete dickhead. For all I know, he could have told her to fuck off and went to a bar to get wasted instead of facing this head on.

I know it's hard for him, but he did want this. There was no more pushing it back anymore, he delayed it long enough. I just worry he is taking it out on her, replacing his fear with aggression. Passivity and alcohol. Poor judgement. At least Felix is with her regardless of what might have happened over there... but why isn't he replying.

Why am I acting like an overprotective boyfriend? Her overbearing brother? This isn't my concern.

We pull up to the side of the building entering the garage and I search the area where Agust's car is usually parked.

Nothing.

The SUV pulls up to a secluded area. I hop out the vehicle and fix my attire before I begin to walk into the studio building. My heavy thoughts crowd my mind, my intrusive thinking allows impulse to takeover. I scroll through my contacts and make the call.

"Joon? What's up?" A voice answers.

"I'm at the studio, how are things going over there?" I relax my tone leaving no trace of anticipation.

"She— uh." He pauses. "She's still working on content with him." Felix responds.

"So, everything is going smoothly over there?" I question with uncertainty from his hesitation.

"Yeah, she's been working on—" his voice is interrupted by a distant horn.

"You're driving?" I ask firmly.