#13 Modern Technology

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃

2 WEEKS LATER

Kim Namjoon arrives in Tokyo, Japan - See photos - Thursday, July 21

That was 2 days ago, and I'm still infatuated with the images. Jackson just arrived there yesterday, and they are to meet up and shoot a music video. Apparently, they will also be announcing to the press their collaboration on a song that will release before my brother's new album. The puzzle pieces are starting to fit, and I realize that's probably why they arrived at the club separately that night.

I place my phone back on the tray beside the bath and reach for the little note once more being extra careful not to get it wet.

Enjoy.
-KNJ

If this is actually his handwriting, it's perfect. I feel stupid that I'm obsessing over 8 letters on a piece of paper. I set the card back safely and soak myself lower into the tub. It's just a harmless present.

I let my fingers glide across the sweetly scented sparkly water and play with the rose petals that popped out of the bath bomb. The housekeeper presented me with this gift earlier this morning, at first, I thought it was from her. Opening the package, I noticed a whole self-care kit including a candle, facial masks, a fancy bath bar, two bath bombs and his simple note. I never expected he would do this something like this since he's been avoiding me. Again.

I barely know the guy and he has overtaken my thoughts. I keep telling myself he's just being a kind host, but I constantly replay the night we went to the club. He was protective of me, but not in a controlling way. It wasn't like how my father was or how Jackson currently is, it was something more endearing.

The way he moved his arm behind me, possessively, trying to hint to the dude that I'm with him. When he asked me if I wanted to leave because I was drunk, he never forced me to leave which is new to me, I had a choice. The memory of how he helped me get out of my heels afterwards, he was respectful and a gentleman, while I'm the weirdo that was focusing on his gentle touch.

Pizza sounds good? No, his hands felt good.

His stupid dimples and chocolate brown irises, all of it just makes me melt and I hate being vulnerable like this. That damn hug that I didn't want to part from, but the last strand of self-control I had allowed me to. I sigh in frustration leaning my head back on the bathtub.

I was drunk, he was drunk, stop overthinking.

It's Saturday, Jackson informed me that they'll be back on Tuesday. I have the whole place to myself until then and maybe that's why he wanted to give me something. A pity gift.

At least I received my worker's permit, and Felix (who is also gone) helped set a ride for me to look around the area for job opportunities. Jackson spoke to the people working on his apartment, it seems that it's nowhere near ready. I want to take this chance to push myself to find a way to move out on my own. Maybe then my little crush will fade from my stepbrother's best friend.

Ding!

New Message 5:56pm
I'm coming over, let the front desk know.

I reply to the text with a simple okay. Heidi and I have gotten a lot closer, it's a bittersweet feeling knowing I have to keep my guard up. It's difficult for me to trust anyone.

Clearing my head, I relax in the aromatic room just a bit longer. I don't want Namjoon's sweet gesture to go to waste.

❃ ❀ ❈ ❁ ✾ ❉ ✿ • — ♡ — • ✿ ❉ ✾ ❁ ❈ ❀ ❃