#08 Bending Rules

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

Namjoon's POV

Sitting on a crowded sectional, I sip on my iced water taking a break from the alcohol. After a long day of being on set for a commercial, I thought it would be relaxing to have a night out with some friends. So far, it's just been a headache.

Nodding my head occasionally, I tune out the random girl who has been rambling on about her life story. She giggles and I force out a quick laugh to show some sort of engagement.

She twirls her hair flirtatiously. "Yeah, I'm not like other girls."

I doubt that.

"I can see that." I lie giving a half assed smile.

To my left I see a male sporting a white denim jacket, he enters the VIP area with a woman by his side that I immediately recognize. He makes eye contact with me in the distance, and suddenly conversing with this chick doesn't seem as annoying as what's to come.

Jackson greets a few of our acquaintances and leaves the curvy dark-haired woman with our friends before approaching my direction.

"Hey sweetheart—" My friend uses his charm to smoothly interrupt the blabbering blonde next to me, the music drowns out the rest of their encounter.

The girl smiles cheerfully and sits up from her seat, her tiny shorts barely covering her ass. Leaning closer to me she speaks seductively in my ear "Find me later?" Her hand grabs my thigh and I flinch from her forward action. She sways her hips away from us and I widen my eyes with relief releasing an exaggerated breath, my roommate finds the situation amusing.

"I swear, they get crazier and crazier." Jackson speaks loud enough settling on the same spot she was before; he spreads his limbs out comfortably. "She's cute." He lowers his frames checking the female out.

"She just kept talking and talking about herself." I rub my face in exhaustion and realize it's the first time we've spoken since all the recent drama.

We sit awkwardly in silence, vibing to the upbeat music and watching the people around us mingle underneath the blue toned lights. I know he has a lot to unravel but he isn't the type to get all sentimental. I have nothing more to say, this is on him now.

I recall the events that happened a few nights ago. After the countless attempts of calmly letting my drunken friend know how wrong he was, I decided to let it go and went upstairs. But Y/N didn't back down.

• ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ • -♡- • ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ •

"We ate and played chess, that's it, you're embarrassing yourself right now!" She shouted.

"Yeah? What's this?" He was probably referring to the mess in the living room that she began to stress clean, at least that's what I saw before I realized I couldn't deal with him any longer. "You're just asking to— hurt again." He hiccupped.

"You're an idiot for thinking something happened here and stop bringing up unnecessary bullshit."

"I told him— you— not to. I know him Y/N, he's a player too, he will try— I didn't expect this today." He slurred barely coherent sentences loudly as I listened on the upstairs balcony getting agitated by his words.

"Didn't expect what? People living together actually conversing with each other? He wasn't coming onto me! What do you want me to do, talk to the plants outside? You're never here Jackson and when you are you want to play protective big brother..." Her voice was hinted with pain. "I should've stayed in Cali."