2. Children

The world was suddenly turned upside down, he had children? "Excuse me" he asked his voice stained.

This couldn't be happening, what would happen to them? He would have to take care of them, how would he do that? He was an exasassin, he couldn't raise children, they had probably already been through enough misfortune, he didn't have to add to that. But if he didn't do that, Bucky asked himself, what would happen to them? he knew the government, if he didn't do anything, they definitely wouldn't, they had them contained right now, if they hadn't discovered that he was the father, they would have probably stayed locked up like that and-

He was interrupted from his train of thought by the men carrying the folder handing it to him "Everything you need to know is here"

He grabbed it, it was a HYDRA file, probably the one that told them that he was the father, now he was about to open it and come to head about the fact that he had children

HYDRA FILE: Subjects Delta & Epsilon

File Code: 05672-AZ/21

Confidential Classification Level: Top Secret

Facility Location: [REDACTED]

SUBJECT IDENTIFICATION

Subject Delta

Age: 5

Gender: Female

Biological Relation: Sibling of Subject Epsilon, created from Winter Soldier DNA.

Subject Epsilon

Age: 11

Gender: Female

Biological Relation: Sibling of Subject Delta, created from Winter Soldier DNA.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

Subject Delta

Features: Multiple small scars, faded burn mark, evidence of malnutrition, calloused hands, barcode-like marking behind left ear.

Subject Epsilon

Features: Surgical scar, bruising, burn marks from electroshock, evidence of malnutrition, HYDRA tattoo, calloused hands/feet.

GENETIC MODIFICATIONS / ENHANCEMENTS

Subject Delta: Invisibility, Omnilinguism, Locality Tracking, Telekinesis.

Subject Epsilon: Night Vision, Omnilinguism, Umbrakinesis, Locality Tracking.

TRAINING & CONDITIONING

Subject Delta

Initiation Date: Age 3

Combat Specialization: Basic hand-to-hand combat, knife training, reflex drills.

Conditioning Methods: Physical punishments, isolation.

Mental Conditioning: Highly dependent on Epsilon, anxiety when separated, obedient with sister present.

Subject Epsilon

Initiation Date: Age 3

Combat Specialization: Advanced hand-to-hand combat, firearms, stealth.

Conditioning Methods: Harsh punishments, live combat trials, protective conditioning for Delta.

Mental Conditioning: Protective instincts toward Delta, distrust of authority, highly compliant when Delta is safe.

PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION

Subject Delta:

Behavioral Traits: Extreme attachment to Epsilon, fear of punishment, highly responsive to comfort from Epsilon.

Psychological Weaknesses: Emotional dependency, anxiety toward authority, obedience drops without Epsilon.

Cognitive Development: Normal, but emotionally stunted.

Subject Epsilon:

Behavioral Traits: Strong protective instincts toward Delta, hypervigilance, severe trust issues.

Psychological Weaknesses: Overprotection of Delta, paranoia, conditional obedience.

Cognitive Development: Above average, but limited by emotional trauma.

MISSION & PERFORMANCE

Subject Delta:

Missions Completed: 0

Operational Role: Indeterminate

Subject Epsilon:

Missions Completed: 5

Mission Success Rate: 90%

Operational Role: Assault specialist

RECOMMENDATIONS

Subject Delta: Begin mission assignments alongside Epsilon.

Subject Epsilon: Condition for longer operations.

NOTES FOR HANDLER

Subject Delta: Requires constant psychological monitoring due to emotional dependency on Epsilon.

Subject Epsilon: Handlers should exercise caution due to her distrust and strong protective instincts.

END OF FILE

He couldn't believe it.

"So, wait, this is for real, this guy, this guy right here, has children?" Sam was so confused, and more than confused, he was worried about those poor girls.

"Yes, Mr Wilson, you are correct, and we are on our way to the Raft to go see them, the government was hoping to reunite them with Mr Barnes and that he would take them in, that is, of course if you want" she looked down, then back up again "Mr Barnes?" Bucky looked up from the files, this was all too much all at once "Are you willing to go see them? We understand that it all must be a lot for you, and we're not asking you to immediately take them in, we just ask for you to go see them, are you ready to meet them?" She said while the plane landed.

So many thoughts were running through Bucky's mind while he was getting out of the helicopter, how could he be a good father? This girl's needed a lot of support, they had been through hell, and, if the file was correct, Delta wasn't willing to leave Epilson's side, and Epilson was definitely not going to be willing to get close, or let them help them, at least, and then there was Sam, of course, he hadn't signed up for any of this, and now he was also getting dragged into this, and if he didn't want to be a part of this, he would have to buy an apartment and where would he find the money? And there was also the fact that-

"Hey man are you good?" Asked Sam while they were making their way through the underwater prison.

Of course Bucky wasn't 'good', he was anything but 'good' "Yeah, I'm good".

"Oh, okay, so now we just lie to each other, that's how it is?" Sam said, he wasn't really offended, he just knew that Bucky was not going to open up in the first try, he was the kind that bottled up everything inside, and Sam knew that, and he wasn't going to let him do that here, not in something so important as these.

He let the silence linger a bit longer, he wanted him to open up.

" Okay you want to know the truth, no, I'm not okay, okay?" Bucky stopped walking and looked at him "I'm definitely not 'good', I just found out that I have two children, two children that grew up in HYDRA, a place that, if it didn't seem obvious to you, isn't a place for children!" Sam looked at the agents, that had stopped walking and were looking at him, quietly asking what they should do, he indicated if they could give them a moment, they stopped and waited until they finished, Sam knew that this wasn't going to take long, but they had to clear up some things.