001. hydra base

Chapter One ✷ Hydra Base

        Camden Lennox felt uneasy

        Camden Lennox felt uneasy. His stomach turned whenever he thought of that place that took away his childhood. He didn't want to be there in that snowy forest that held one of the many HYDRA labs.

Yet he had to, he had a mission to get back the scepter that HYDRA had taken from them.

Camden and the other Avengers all were scattered around fighting off HYDRA soldiers as they allowed Tony Stark to get inside.

The Lennox man grabbed two of his knives and grunted as he threw them at the HYDRA soldier, the two landing perfectly in his eyes.

The HYDRA soldier let out a scream as he fell to his knees and brought his shaky hands up to his eyes.

Camden rolled his eyes, "You're fine."

In his earpiece, Camden heard Tony yell, "Shit!" and not too long afterward he heard Steve t scolded him about his language.

"JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asked the AI.

Camden grabbed the knives out of the soldier's eyes and wiped the blood up with a grimace as JARVIS responded, "The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor said.

Camden hid behind a tree as another HYDRA soldier shot at him, a bullet grazed his arm. The stoic man scrunched his face up in slight pain before looking over his shoulder at the soldier before looking forward again.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said.

Camden pulled out his gun and let out a sigh, "You're telling me." He said. The Lennox man then turned from the tree once the bullets stopped coming his way and shot.