SEEING BLACK

"Get out of my head!" Dany called into the abysmal yet understimulating void of her inner mind. The only thing that stood in front of her was an old VHS television, broadcasting the ghost's actions through her eyes.

"Get out..." The breathy voice of the ghost echoed back to her, mocking her desperation.

"Dammit! You're hurting her! Get out!" She approached the television, hands on the side frames of it, watching as her own body stabbed a knife directly through her little sister's hand. Her screams of horridness sent chills down Dany's spine. "What sort of sick and twisted lesson are you showing me?!"

Of course, nothing but the disembodied voice mirrored back. "Sick and twisted lesson..."

"Just shut up! Shut up and let me out!" Dany shot her fist into the TV screen, only for it to leave no mark, just a sore pain throbbing from her knuckles to her elbow. She fell to her knees at the feeling, gripping her wrist from the shock it just endured.

Helpless. Dany was helpless. She had to sit and watch her sister get attacked with her own body. Dany knew she was not the one in control, yet the sight of her hands driving the blade into the palm of Ale felt like something out of her worst nightmares, and it was a reality.

She had seen it all. She watched Ale move out of the way to send her into the cabinet, then Ale threw her into the pantry, the door slamming her shut and trapping her away from harm.

She had felt it all. Every emotion, every weight of Ale's hand clashing against face or her gut, every sense of self slip away as the ghost controlled her.

The TV shut off.

An eerie silence taking over.

The silence didn't carry a sense of emptiness to Dany.

Oddly enough.

There was something...

Here.

"You think this is all my fault?" The voice spoke in a clearer voice, yet the spectral aura lingered.

Dany didn't even think twice about that question, "Yes!" She pleaded into the darkness, her hands clamped on handfuls of her hair out of the frustration.

"Fool." It grumbled, "You're so weak..."

'Weak? Me?' Dany thought, biting her lip tightly as she processed the words.

She spoke up after a few moments, a frustrated exhale going through her nose. "What do you want with me?! Why are you tormenting me?!"

"Change..." After the statement, it fell silent.

"Change? What do you mean change?" Dany screamed back into the void, angered by the open ended closure, falling to her knees. "Tell me! Don't go hurt them again!" Her voice could send shivers down the coldest soul, the raw panic piercing the mysterious energy of what felt like her prison cell of solitude.

The ghost never spoke. It left her in silence.

Nothing but the sobs of the blonde woman filled this dark void.

***

What felt like hundreds of years later, turned out to be only thirty minutes.

The darkness of the void faded into the pantry that she had been trapped in. She was paralyzed with the fear of the sudden change, the harsh light rendering her blind for the first few seconds.

Once her vision had returned to her and her tears were wiped away, the sight of her two sisters in the doorway filled her sight. She saw Pau cowering from behind Ale, almost like a human shield. Ale herself looked as disheveled and chaotic as Dany. Her hands trembled as she held onto the small red Mustang bass, it looked like a toy compared to her extent. Dany had no idea what had happened, she had no idea how she got there. All she knew was that the grip the ghost had on her soul had loosened.