- Chapter Ten -

While driving home Buckley received a call. As the good road user he was, he pulled over to answer it. The call was from a lawyer whom he had once crossed paths with during the days of his undercover work, and it was not a call he had expected to receive.

"McGregor, I'd hope to never hear from you again. So, it must be something urgent, otherwise you wouldn't have called," Buckley said, his voice tinged with a mixture of surprise and apprehension.

"So nice to hear you haven't changed, English." The New Yorker chuckled, the sound thick with his New York drawl. "But let me not beat around the bush. You remembered that undercover case you worked on back in the 90's. That gang...."

Buckley knew exactly which gang McGregor was referring to – the Blood Disciples, a notorious criminal organization that had been involved in a litany of illegal activities, from drugs and guns to human trafficking, kidnapping, and murder. "The Blood Disciples."

"Yeah," McGregor confirmed, the tone of his voice growing serious. "Lukas has requested to see you. As in, the next two days," McGregor revealed.

A weary sigh escaped Buckley's lips. "Lukas? Why now?"

"I guess he's got unfinished business."

Buckley paused, eyes narrowing as he gripped the steering wheel tighter. "All right. I'll be there," he replied, knowing full well this meeting could only mean one thing. The anniversary of the Blood Disciples' takedown was approaching, and Lukas, the son of their ruthless leader, Marco, was the only living member of the gang. A score was about to be settled.

***

The air was thick with anticipation as the sun disappeared over the city, casting long shadows over the grimy streets. Ethan Buckley, then a young and determined undercover cop, had infiltrated the Blood Disciples, earning their trust over months of dangerous work. He had taken on a new identity, Eddie Lawson, a small-time criminal with big ambitions.

Eddie Lawson (Alias)

Age: 26

Gender: Male

Education: High school dropout

Marriage status: Non

Children: Non

Job description: Wannabe criminal

Eddie Lawson has been on the gang's radar for some time now. Right after Eddie pulled off a smuggle like no other for a rival gang; The Russo Family.

The Blood Disciples hideout was at an old, dilapidated warehouse on the outskirts of the city. The warehouse was deemed unsafe by the City. Inside the warehouse, there was buzzing with activity. Gang members were loading crates of illegal weapons, drugs and animal trophies, unaware of the thunderstorm about to descend upon them and their extracurricular activity. Buckley's heart pounded in his chest as he exchanged nods with his fellow gang members, his mind racing with the plan that was about to unfold. And so, the takedown began.

The atmosphere inside the warehouse was tense. Luka's father, Marco, the ruthless leader of the Blood Disciples gang, stood in the centre of the room, shouting out orders while smoking his expensive cigar. He was a tall figure with a cold, calculating gaze that could pierce through any soul. Buckley, standing near the truck, kept his expression neutral. His facade masks the turmoil within.

As the clock ticked closer to midnight, Buckley's concealed earpiece crackled to life. The signal was on cue. The SWAT team was in position, ready to strike. Buckley subtly moved towards the back door, his heart pounding louder with each footfall. He knew this was his moment to act. His line in the script.