- Chapter Seven -

Warning!!! Mention of violent death and sexual assault (does not go into much detail), seen takes place in the italic font.

Please note that the italic is still a big part of Buckley's life, so if you skip it you might not understand him.

Young Buckley sat on his parent's bed with his mother next to him and watched cartoons.

It was like any other Saturday night, but unfortunately, there was an emergency at the hospital where his father worked so he had left half an hour ago. He was one of the best surgeons in London.

The two were having a blast... until they heard it.

The back door's window breaking. Glass crunching under heavy feet, two sets. Then the hollow sound the staircase makes when climbing it.

Buckley's mother grabbed him and shoved him into the closet, kissed his forehead and said, "Be brave and know that I love you no matter what happens." She closed the door and stepped away just in time when a man, in his mid-thirties, entered the room.

"Sit down. Where is the husband?" The man demanded holding up a gun.

"At work." She moved to the bed and sat.

"Children?" The man moved to the bathroom and scanned it.

"At a friend's house." She lied. Buckley's older sister was the only one at a friend's house down the street.

"Good. Now, where is the safe." The man stood opposite her, gun touching her left temple.

She shook with utmost fear, swallowed, and spoke, "In the study."

The man fished his phone out of his pocket with his free hand. Dialed.

"The study." He spoke into the phone after placing it on loudspeaker. Gun still at her head.

"Where in the study?" The man asked from the other side of the phone. One of the two footsteps crunched over the glass.

The man moved the phone to her mouth.

"In the middle of the room, there is a coffee table on top of a rug. Remove five floorboards. The safe will be there, but you can't open it."

"And why is that so, hmm?" The man pressed the gun harder to her head.

"We need the husband's fucking thumbprint, that's why! Man, I'm leaving you can do to her whatever you want, but I'm leaving." The man from the other side of the phone yelled, ended the call and left.

The man in the room was beyond mad. Buckley's mother tried to get away but he grabbed her and threw her onto her stomach on the bed, got on top of her. She fought him but he was too strong.

Tears ran down her face. She didn't want her son to see her like this so she covered her eyes with one of her hands in the hopes that he would understand. And he did.

Buckley moved away from the slit between the two doors and sunk onto the floor, covering his ears the best he could and closing his eyes, but the pained whimpers and weeping's still could through his small hands and stung his ears. Silent tears streamed down his face.

Then it stopped.

The calm before the storm.

BANG!! BANG!!

Buckley sat upright in his bed, panting. Sweat covered his shirt and pillow. He checked the time on his phone and saw it was four in the morning. He had three hours before he had to go to work.