Chapter 66.

Tenten helped Ugetsu navigate the winding path through the forest, his weight leaning against her as they moved. The air was thick with the scent of damp earth and pine, the sunlight filtering through the leaves above, creating a dappled pattern on the ground. Ugetsu winced occasionally, the dull ache in his muscles a constant reminder of the exertion from their recent battle.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tenten asked, concern lacing her voice. She stole a glance at Ugetsu, noting the pallor of his skin and the beads of sweat forming at his brow. "You really pushed yourself back there."

"I... I'll be fine," Ugetsu replied, trying to sound more confident than he felt. But even as he spoke, a wave of dizziness washed over him, forcing him to lean more heavily against her. The burn in his muscles was unlike anything he had experienced before, and he couldn't shake the unease creeping into his chest.

As they walked, memories of the battle replayed in his mind. The way Kisame had taunted him about his mother, Ayame, sending him into a rage he had struggled to control. "I'm sorry," he said suddenly, his voice low. "I didn't mean to lose control like that. I... I never wanted to show you that side of me."

Tenten glanced at him, her expression softening. "You don't have to apologize for that. You were just reacting to what he said."

"But I lost myself," Ugetsu admitted, guilt swirling in his chest. "When he mentioned my mother... I just snapped. I didn't think, and it scared me. I never wanted to become a monster again."

"You're not a monster." Tenten insisted, her voice firm. She stopped walking for a moment and turned to face him. "What happened back there doesn't define who you are."

Ugetsu met her gaze, the sincerity in her eyes comforting him. "I just... I don't want to hurt anyone," he murmured. "I don't want to end up like my father. Losing control like that makes me feel like I'm just one step away from becoming what I fear."

Taking a deep breath, he decided to share the weight that pressed down on him. "I spoke with Lady Chiyo earlier," he said, his voice low and heavy with emotion. "She told me about my father's intentions—how he tried to massacre the Sand Village to capture the One-Tail and seal it within me. No matter how far I try to escape, that title—Ripper of the Hidden Mist—haunts me."

Tenten's brow furrowed in concern. "Ugetsu.." she said softly. "But you're not him. You're choosing your own path."

Ugetsu looked away, frustration bubbling within him. "But it feels like I can't escape it. The shadows of my father's actions follow me everywhere. I don't want to be remembered for what he did. I want to forge my own identity, but it's like I'm constantly battling against the legacy he left behind."

Tenten placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You're not them. You're not your past. You have friends who care about you, and we'll face whatever comes together. You don't have to do this alone."

Her words wrapped around him like a warm blanket, easing the burden of guilt he carried. Ugetsu took a deep breath, letting her reassurance seep into him. "Thank you, Tenten-chan," he said softly, the weight on his chest lightening slightly.

"Let's keep moving," Tenten said, smiling gently. "We need to regroup with the others and make sure they're okay."

As they continued down the path, Ugetsu felt a flicker of hope igniting within him. Perhaps, with Tenten by his side and the support of his friends, he could carve out a future free from the shadows of his father's past.

-

-

A steady wind blew through the vast clearing, rustling the grass and sending ripples across the surface of the nearby stream. Gaara lay motionless on the ground, his chest still, while Sakura knelt beside him, her hands delicately placed over his heart, searching for any sign of life. Ugetsu and Naruto stood nearby, their expressions filled with worry. Lady Chiyo sat a little behind them, her eyes fixed on the scene before her. Kakashi, with his ever-watchful gaze, was situated behind the old woman, and the others formed a somber circle around them.