2. Work Is An Obstacle

"That will be all for today's class

"That will be all for today's class." you say as you close the textbook before you placing the chalk down, which you were using to explain the students. 

"Hand in your assignments and move on for your lunch. Those who fail to submit will have certain points cut out from the totals." you roar loudly as the tired students hand in documents after documents.

After all the students had left the class, you neatly arranged the documents handed in by them before carrying them all the way back to your office. 

As you walked in the empty and silent corridors of the Akademiya, your thoughts ran back to the night when a total stranger had given you a yumaksaurus stuffed toy from the arcade. It was comforting after that rough night of unappreciated conversations. 

"(y/n)! " A familiar voice is heard as you hear fast paced footsteps. Shortly the blonde haired person was walking side by side, matching your pace towards your office. 

"I thought you were busy grading papers, Kaveh?" You question him, wondering how he was walking freely with you when he had a pile of work to do. He stammered a bit before replying.

"Ah! Ha yes, yes grading papers.... I was doing it but you know something just made me want to check on you." He says in a hushed low tone, looking at her with a concerned gaze. 

You, Kaveh and Alhaitham have known each other since childhood. The three of you grew up together in the same neighborhood and their parents were acquaintances to your parents. It was no surprise to anybody when you started dating Alhaitham. 

Maybe you were gaslighted into falling in love with him given that many people around you believed he would have ended up with you.

From the look on Kaveh's face, it was evident that Alhaitham had already informed him about their relationship.

"Looks like he made no attempt to hide anything from you." you say with a sigh.