4. Cafe day

"Kinich! We're so sorry for bothering you today but we need your help! " Is all what Kinich heard the first thing he woke up on a Sunday

"Kinich! We're so sorry for bothering you today but we need your help! " Is all what Kinich heard the first thing he woke up on a Sunday. And now he finds himself seated in a cafe as he anxiously taps his fingers onto the table, trying to rectify a major coding error his team had done. 

He sighs to himself knowing it was his fault for leaving them work on it over time. Of course they got a major part of it wrong and it would affect the total performance of the software if they don't rectify it in time. However that wasn't what bothered him, it was rather the idea of having to work extra for the same wage. 

"Your choice is servants are awful! How could you let them carelessly bring ruin!?" Ajaw roars through Kinich's headphones. 

Kinich disables Ajaw and continues to play music as he tries going through the code one by one. 

"It is a pain." He thinks to himself as he sighs and looks down at his keyboard, unsure if he even wants to get this work done. 

He hears a bunch of voices before he hears the soft chime of the door opening.

"Kaveh drank too much yesterday night, that's why he's all battered up like this." you say as you hold the door open for Kaveh and Nilou to walk inside. 

The red haired woman laughed, "You can't take your alcohol well yet why do you always drink?" she asks as she looked at the blonde haired man who was down with a bad hangover. 

"It was celebratory! I won an award!" he says in a grumbled tone as he walks behind the two ladies towards a table. 

Kinich's eyes avert away from his screen as he observes the familiar face walk in along with her two friends. He immediately looks away back into his screen knowing they are only bound to converse by work now. 

.

.

.

"Whoever is paying, thank you for the food!" Kaveh says as he cuts through a slice of cake using his fork, enjoying the sweet creamy flavors of the frosting and the sponge cake melting in his mouth.